Chapter Ten: The Lie

NOT EDITED

"We're going with you." Those four words kept running around Taylor's mind as she glared at Orion who was driving Taylor's favourite car, an Audi R8. She wanted to put her hands around his neck and strangle him but there was this part inside her which wanted to push Orion off a cliff too. She wondered which way would be less painful for him.

"The cliff, darling." Preston snapped Taylor out of her thoughts, thoughts that she said out loud.

"A knife would be better though," Orion raises an eyebrow, looking ahead as he drove down the deserted road. The setting reminded Taylor of a thriller movie, being in a car with two dangerous men who she did not know well would've rung warning bells in any girl's head but Taylor wasn't just any girl.

"Orion here likes knives!" Preston smirked as he leaned forward, putting his right next to Taylor who was sitting in the passenger seat. She decided to stay quite, knowing what game Preston was playing. He wanted to trigger Taylor and she wouldn't let him have the pleasure to do so.

"What is the plan exactly ?" Taylor asked after a few minutes of silence.

"We're going to go there and kill Lilian. Problem solved." Orion shrugged as he swerved to the left making Taylor let out a shriek.

"You act so tough but you aren't, are you ?" Preston let out a dark chuckle and leaned back, knowing he trapped her.

"We just can't kill her! Why are you guys even 'helping' me ? How do you even know about Harry, Lillian and I ?" Taylor almost yelled as she spat those words out. She had to bite her tongue to keep her from cursing.

"Help those you benefit from." Orion said in a cold voice, making Taylor shudder.

"How are you benefiting from helping me ?" She asked.

"That's enough questions, Taylor." Preston snapped and asked Orion to put on the radio. She suddenly felt claustrophobic sitting in a car with the two men who seemed to know too much about her and her past. She wanted to get out and run to no where. She just wanted peace, wanted Harry.

"You would've been dead by now if you were someone else, Preston." Taylor said through gritted teeth, turning her head towards the window. Preston said nothing, an uncomfortable silence filled the car. Silence that was louder than any words spoken between them.

After a few hours, they finally reached Brooklyn. Taylor didn't realise how bad she was dreading coming to Brooklyn until she stepped in front of the building Harry and Lillian were living in. For once, she wanted Preston and Orion to be next to her. They gave her comfort for some odd reason. Recalling their conversation from earlier she sighed.

"Lillian is not the good girl everyone thinks she is." Preston started as they all gathered around the living room of the luxurious hotel that Orion had booked for them.

"What do you mean ?" Taylor asked with a tilt of her head.

"You'll know in time. For now, just go meet Harry. Just remember, soon Harry will be yours." Orion smirked as he took out a gun from his back pocket and put it against his forehead and mouthed 'boom'. Taylor didn't bother asking him where he got the gun from, he was after all Preston's best friend.

"You're gonna go in there and act like the old Taylor. The Taylor Harry misses, you understand ?" Preston said as he took out clothes from his suitcase.

"I'm still her." Taylor said a little too defensively.

"No, you're not." Orion almost whispered. Taylor looked at him, he stared back with a strange expression on his face.

"You wouldn't know." Taylor murmured and walked out of the door without hearing his reply.

And now here she stood, in front of Harry who had been standing there, staring at her. When did she ring the bell of their apartment ? When did he open the door ? When did she even take the elevator to their floor ?

"Hey," Harry breathed out as his eyes wildly roamed over her face. So many months have gone by  and she still looked the same as he took her in. She played with her fingers, a blush spreading over her cheeks and neck. Harry didn't know what to do, he had stood in front of the mirror, practising what he'd say to her, apologise for never telling her that he loved her too and then shaking his head, wanting that thought to remain just that; a thought.

"Uh, hey," She said quitely and stepped forward, pondering over the thought of pulling him in for a hug or putting her arm forward for just a hand shake. She thought of doing the latter but they were never just acquaintances. They were best friends. Suddenly she crashed into Harry's hard chest, her hands landed awkwardly on his stomach as her head rested against his heart which was beating wildly under his ribcage, just like hers was. She let out a breath of relief, freed her hands from between them and wrapped her arms around him. His scent filled her nostrils, reminding her of a home she always wanted but could never get.

A large part of her was happy to be finally in his arms but a small, a very small part of her wanted to be back in the hotel with Preston and Orion, the two men who made her question her sanity.

"I missed you," Harry said against the crown of her head, not letting her go.

"I missed you too." She whispered.

But maybe that was a lie.