Chapter Eight: The Choice

NOT EDITED 

He's been staring at the ceiling above him since the past fifteen minutes and finally decided to do what he had planned last night.

"I'm going to invite Taylor over for dinner." Harry finally said it out loud, the chilly night air coming through the open windows of their room caused Lillian to shiver a little and cuddle further into the pillow she was holding tight against her chest.

"That sounds great." She said, willing her voice to not come out shaky. She didn't want to show him any emotion, show him what she was really feeling. She wanted him to know that she was okay with the fact that he might not love her, not the way she always thought he did.

"Do you think she'll come ?" He asked, turning on his side and staring at Lillian's back. She let out a shaky breath and closed her eyes tightly, not wanting to cry and tell him that she wished that Taylor would not come.

"She's your best friend." Is all Lillian said before closing her eyes and wishing for sleep to come.

"Yea, she is." Harry said quitely before turning his back to her when all he wanted to do was shake her awake and tell her that this marriage was a mistake and that he couldn't do it anymore, he wanted to complete his education and not work in his father's company, it was too much of a burden for him. He wanted Taylor back in his life, to tell her how sh*tty his days are and how he can't sleep at night without thinking about her.

No, he did not love her the way she wanted him to.

Or so he thought.

[]

Taylor wandered around her house in search of the little cardboard that she had brought along with her when she first moved to Washington. That box contained her most treasured possession; photographs of Harry and her. She waned those photographs framed, she wanted them to decorated the empty walls of her apartment. She wanted those photographs to fill in the void inside her heart.

Finally, she found the box in the little storage room that was just next to the kitchen. She carried the box over to the kitchen counter and her lips formed a wide grin as she took out all the photo albums from the box. Before she could open the box, the doorbell rang, making her groan out loud at the intrusion. She walked over to the door and open it.

"What are you doing here, Preston ?" Taylor groaned and moved aside, letting him in and finally noticing the man he came along with. The man wore a very expensive looking suit and unlike Preston, he did not have any tattoos. Realising that she was staring, Taylor cleared her throat and fixed Preston with a glare. "Who is he ?" She asked and then thought of how stupid she stupid, asking Preston who the man next to him was rather than asking the man himself.

"Who are you ?" This time, she directed the question towards the mysterious man. The man looked at Preston and then at her before looking back at Preston. "He's my friend, Orion." Preston introduced the man. The man stayed quite, observing Taylor and how her left hand played with the fingers of her right hand, how her eyes looked everywhere but him, how she was trying to hold back the millions of questions she wanted to ask. The man observed every little detail.

"Orion is going to help us, Taylor." Preston said.

"Help us ? I don't know about you but I don't need help with anything. Heck I don't even know YOU, Preston!" Taylor said harshly and crossed her arms against her chest.

"You pout a lot you know that ?" Taylor heard Orion speak for the first time and it left her wanting more, wanting to listen to his voice once again.

"W-what ?" Another man making her stutter ? What was wrong with her ?

"Seems like you're used to being in control of everything, you tend to know everything that is happening around you, with you but with my dear friend here, Preston as you know him, he has this ability of making people question themselves just like you are doing right now and lets be honest, Taylor, we all know who you are and what you've down. The real question is; Are you ready to risk it all to get him, to get Harry ?"

Orion's words left Taylor bewildered, he was oh so right about everything. Was she too easy to read ? She felt so exposed and her skin felt clammy and cold.

"I don't know what-" Taylor opened her mouth to speak but before she could get the words out of her mouth Preston cut her off. "Harry and Lillian, does those names ring a bell ?" Preston said with a raise of an eyebrow and a smirk on his face.

"You have a choice Taylor. You can either help us do what Orion has already planned on doing or you can help us." Preston said and then bent over and slapped his knee, letting out a booming laughter. Orion chuckled and shook his head and looked over at Taylor who stood there with her mouth wide open.

"Th-you didn't even give me a choice." She said through gritted teeth.

"Those are your only two options." Orion said with a straight face and looked over at Preston who was now sitting on the couch with one leg crossed over the other and his hands folded, placed on top of his knee.

"The choice is yours now." Preston said and let out a sigh before laughing again, this time Orion joined him and laughed along. 

----------------

A//N: I imagine Orion as Jamie Dornan! 

you can imagine him as whoever you want to 

~CK