Chapter Six: The Dangerous Ones

A//N: Updating after a long time huh ? HAPPY NEW YEAR hope you all have an amazing and wonderful year!

NOT EDITED

Walking out of her room, all showered and dressed up for the day, Taylor's eyes fell on the spot where Eric was supposed to be. There was not a single trace left behind, as if he never existed. Taylor's eyes fell on the body laying on the couch and gasped silently.

Preston did not leave last night and was sleeping soundly on the couch that he did not seem to fit in, his legs were hanging off the couch and his arms were crossed against his chest, his head resting on the arm rest with his mouth wide open. Preston Knightley was a sight in the morning, she decided.

"Where's Eric's dead body ?" Taylor disturbed the silence with her scratchy voice, she cleared her throat and walked to the couch and kicked Preston's leg with her own. Preston squealed like a little girl and sat up straight on the couch and wiped the drool off his face with the back of his hand.

"I-I, what ?" Preston stumbled over his words as he stared up at Taylor, his eyes were droopy and were filled with sleep but then his gaze fell on her bare legs and then back up at her face, eyes now wide open, he tried not to look at her legs as she stood in front of him with her arms crossed against her chest.

"I asked where's Eric and would you stop looking at my legs ?! Its getting creepy." She huffed and plopped down on the couch next to him. Preston shifted on the couch to get a better look at her. Dressed in a pencil skirt and a black blouse with her hair slicked back into a ponytail, Taylor looked no less than a model. 

"Ever thought about working as a model ? Eric's body was burned and his ashes are now scattered across the backyard of Sarah's house. May his soul rest in pieces." Preston chuckled at his own joke.

"I'm already working in your father's or should I say your company so no I don't need to work as a model and yes, I got hired. Why did you say 'in pieces' ? What did you do ?" Taylor let out the words in a rush and studied Preston's face as he ran his fingers through his hair and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand again as if he had drooled because of her. He winked at her when he caught her eyes staring at his mouth but it wasn't lust in her eyes, it was disgust.

"I decided to have a little fun with him, little boy was brave to talk back to me when I confronted him before bringing him back to you. Sooo , I decided to cut off his fingers and even his male antinomy, obviously it was harmless. For me." Preston let out a booming laughter and pointed at Taylor's face which was pale in shock.

"I'm kidding, I didn't go near his male antinomy but I did cut of his ugly, dry fingers and stored them in a jar, as a possession you know." Preston said as if that would make her feel any better but it did make her feel better in some sort of twisted way. Taylor had cut of the fingers of the past two men she had killed and Preston did the same thing to Eric. Was Preston just as twisted as her ? Did he have his own version of Darkness inside him ?

"Is there drool on my face ? You keep staring at me and now you're the one who's creeping me out." Preston said with a playful smile on his face but it soon dropped as he saw Taylor get up and walk to the door. Pulling the door open, Taylor looked back at Preston and sighed.

"It's time for you to leave. I guess I'll see you at work." Taylor said with a blank expression on her face. Preston huffed and clapped his hands on his knee and proceeded to get up from the couch before walking towards her. His clothes were rumpled and his hair was a mess but he didn't care and neither did Taylor 'cause he looked like a god no matter how messy his clothes or hair were. He knew it and so did Taylor.

"So no thank you ? Nothing ?" Preston scoffed as he stood behind her with his hands tucked inside his pockets,

"Thank you for killing Eric and for cutting off his fingers, for burning him. Thank you very much." Taylor said with a sarcastic smile on her face, showing off her pearly white teeth.

"You're welcome," Preston let out through his gritted teeth and walked out of the door but stopped in his tracks when Taylor called out his name.

"What are you ? Why did you kill Eric ? How do you know how to use a gun ?" Taylor said almost quietly as she searched his eyes for answers. The frown that was there on his face as he walked out of the door was replaced by a blank look as he turned around swiftly and looked at Taylor.

"I thought you were smart, Taylor." Preston said almost coldly.

"Smart enough to know that you're not a normal business man and definitely not a spoiled brat playing with daddy's money because I know that daddy dearest does not know about your 'hobbies'. Taylor crossed the threshold of her apartment and walked towards him.

"So, tell me, Preston. What exactly are you ?" Taylor whispered as she got closer to him. Preston stared down at her and his hands formed into tight fists by his side as he tried to control his anger. Nobody ever questioned him. No one ever dared to.

"You're a curious little thing but remember that curiosity killed the cat," Preston said simply.

"But satisfaction brought it back." Taylor said with a small smirk on her lips.

Preston stared at Taylor for what felt like eternity but were only a few seconds before turning around and walking away, whistling a very familiar song.

"I'll see you soon, Taylor." Preston yelled as he got in his car and smirked when he saw the look of horror on Taylor's face when realisation dawned in, her eyes widened and her lips parted in a slight shock.

It was a song that Harry had made her listen.

A song that they had danced to under the light of the stars with no one around.

Was this just a coincidence ?

Preston Knightley was dangerous and Taylor knew just how to handle the dangerous ones.

______________

Isn't Taylor a hypocrite ?