Chapter Five

It's been a very interesting month that I've been here.

Dinners are all like the first dinner I had here. Lunches on the weekend are different depending on the day.

Right now, I'm at work. Which is actually really fun. Since it is a really big office, they need two receptionists. The other one happens to be my other best friend, who goes to a prestigious prep school just outside of town.

"Dill, catch." Cassidy (Cassie) says. She throws a M&M, which I catch in my mouth.

"Slow day?" I turn in my office chair toward the door.

"Jay!" I smile, get up and hug him over the desk.

"I got a turkey, cheese and mayonnaise sub on white and a veggie sub on whole wheat with a bottle of water and a cup of Sprite." He announces, giving us our food.

Jay works at the Subway on the first floor of the building. The first floor of the building is like a food court/cafeteria. Then on the second-fourth floor is a paper company and the fifth-sixteenth floors are for Roquefield Towers.

Roquefield Towers is a company that runs all commercials. The reason it is such a large company is because it has to monitor the commercials that play all over the country and southern parts of Canada. Seeing as it is a large company, I make a lot of money. I have to take calls, talk to actual visitors and keep track of people's meetings. I'm like a personal assistant. But for the whole company.

"Thanks, Jay." Cassie and I say in a sing-song voice, digging into our subs.

"No problem." He smiles.

"Dylan, on September third I have a meeting with Jonathan Mitchell from Sunny-D." Mr. Marcus instructs. I type that into the calendar and give him the nod that I got it.

I call Miss Bernard and remind her of the meeting she has a meeting in 30 minutes.

"Hey, Dylan." She answers her office phone.

"Hey, just reminding you that you have a meeting in thirty minutes." I say into the phone.

"Yeah, I am just going to the conference room for to get it ready." She tells me.

"Cool." I say, hanging up the phone.

"Dill, its five." Cassie says, grabbing her bag.

"Kay, thanks." I grab my JanSport and walk out with Cassie.

"Hey, ladies." I sigh as I turn to see Luke walking to me smirking.

"And here is the pain in my a-" I get cut off by Cassie yelling, "Censors!" She does that whenever I am about to curse.

"On that note, what are you doing at Roquefield Towers?" He asks.

"I work here, as a receptionist. What are you doing here?" I reply.

"I work with you, duh." Cassie rolls her eyes at the obvious.

"Cass, I was talking to Luke. I know you work with me, hun." I laugh.

"My friend works here, his car broke down and I am picking him up." Luke tells me.

"Who-" I start.

"Good. Luke you're here."

I turn and see Jay walking up to us. He stops in his tracks.

"....Hey..." Jay awkwardly looks at us.

"Hey, Jay. Listen, Cassie too, can I talk to Dylan alone? Just for a second." He adds after seeing their faces.

"Its up to Dylan." Jay looks at me, expecting me to decline.

"Sure." I smile at Cassie and Jay, then walk to just out of their hearing range.

"Wow, didn't expect you to come." Luke laughs.

"Honestly, didn't think I would either. But I gotta mix it up a bit, keep ya on your toes." I smile at my Spongebob quote, technically its Patric's but whatever. "So what's up?"

"I was wondering, do you want to go out some time?" He bits his lip, making me roll my eyes mentally. All boys bit their lip whenever they are 'nervous', I could smell the falseness of his lip bite. Trying to be cute.

"As in a date?" I ponder.

"Take it as you will." He waves his hand out, as a gesture for me to 'take it as I will'.

I think, then realize, "Why not."

"Okay, we'll leave at seven." He turns on his heel and walks to his car, as I walk to mine. I get in and drive to the mansion that I am expected to call 'home'.

*~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HELLO MY FLUFFY UNICORNS!!!! HOW'S YOUR DAY?!?

MINE IS PROBABLY EITHER FABULOUS OR AWFUL, SURPRISE I AM WRITING THIS WHOLE BOOK BEFORE I TAKE TIME TO POST IT SO I HAVE NO EXCUSE IF I DON'T UPDATE, FEEL FREE TO CALL ME OUT PRIVATLEY IF YOU WANT.

#AWKWARDMOMENT WHEN YOU FORGET CAPS LOCK IS ON.

-A<3