🔪 Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

A sixteen-year-old girl looking for a pregnancy test and everyone will either look confused or shocked or suspicious and they will get the idea right away.

I look up and I saw an old lady giving me a weird look.

I look to my left and I saw two people looking at me while whispering to each other.

I have to stay calm. Even though I can feel my hands shaking.

I grab the cheapest one and head to the counter. I put the pregnancy test while looking at the ground. I heard the product being scanned already and the lady told me the price and I immediately paid for it, not caring how much the exact price was.

She just places the change on the counter and slowly pushes the paper bag with the pregnancy test inside towards me with a receipt on top of it.

I quickly grab them and shove them into my pocket and head out. I take off the hood and I can feel my heart beating faster and I can hear it in my head and my head feels like it's about to explode.

I look for the nearest restroom and I pray for a negative result.

__

I just sit there with my back leaning against the hard bark of the biggest tree here at the lake nearby and I can feel my hands shaking with the pregnancy test in my hands. Tears just start to roll off my eyes and I clenched my teeth, trying not to cry too loud.

This can't be real...

This can't be happening...

The result is positive.

I couldn't believe my eyes and I just wish this is just a dream. I try to pinch myself really hard and I'm still here. I have his baby growing inside of me. I'm not ready for this. I'm not ready to have a baby and I don't even want this in the first place. This is a living nightmare.

 I'm so sick of this and I wish I could just abort the baby immediately and die along with it so I can stop this living nightmare.

With full of pain and anger inside of me, I throw away the pregnancy test to the ground and curl myself into a ball, and cry.

"Are you okay?"

I look up and my eyes widen and I immediately back away to the side of the person standing in front of me.

It's none other than... Steven.

My breathing became heavy as if my heart just sinks or it feels like it was going to explode. I'm losing my mind.

"Stay away from me! Don't touch me!" I screamed before I get up and run as fast as I could. I look back and he's just standing there.

I continue to run until I'm as far away from him as possible.

__

I stop myself from running and hide behind another big tree far away from the lake. I slowly lean my back against the tree and slide down and wipe my tears.

I pant and try to take a breather. I feel numb. I need to feel something. I pull out my wallet and I pull out a blade that I've kept since the 7th grade. Mom knew about my cutting but I stopped. However, I feel like I'm doing it again. 

I mean, look at my situation right now. And I want to feel something.

I take off my jacket and roll up my sleeve and stare at my slightly bruised and deadly pale arm. I slowly put the sharp blade on my skin and then...

I made a cut and another cut and red lines start to form and crimson liquid starts to paint my arm like a canvas.

I made the last cut and my breathing became heavy. I look for something to wipe the blood off. Conveniently, I found a handkerchief and I use it to wipe the blood off. I wipe the blood off until the bleeding stops.

I'm so ashamed of myself and I hate myself and I let all of this happen to me because I was so weak and I felt so helpless and lost.

I'm worthless.

Then I can hear vibration coming from the pocket of my jacket.

I pull my phone out and it's a call from Heather. I sniff and take a deep breath before answering it. 

"He-Hello? Heather?"

"Hey, Ro! Since there's no school today and my parents are out of the house for tonight so it's just me and my annoying brothers, I was wondering if you would like to spend the night here with me and I invited our two other friends, Sophie and Lisa, from the Newspaper Club. You know like we used to do before. So, are you in or what?"

"I guess that would be nice. Just text me the details and I'll see you soon."

"Okie, see ya!"

I ended the phone call and put my phone back into my pocket and look up at the sky. I need to take a night off from Steven and forget about my problems right now. I roll down my sleeve, put the red-stained handkerchief into my pocket, put on my jacket, get up and head back home.

Stefan's POV

"Stefan, you said you were gonna call and update me about Aurora. Where's Aurora?"

I just continue looking at the pregnancy test that Aurora threw away earlier and it's a positive result.

"Stefan, speak up."

"Sorry Steven, I zoned out. I found Aurora earlier here nearby the lake and I think I found something."

"...I'm listening."

"I don't know how to say this but... she's pregnant."

"Wait... what?"

"She took a pregnancy test."

"You gotta be joking."

"I'm not. She is pregnant."

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 06/04/2023