Chapter 2

Note:

I hope you will like this chapter! Please, leave your thoughts so I know what you like/dislike. It helps me a lot.

_______________________

It had been 10 minutes that Mrs. Lovett was crying on the floor, her back leaned against the wall. She had never felt so disgusting since the day Albert had forced her to have sex with him. She knew the context was different, and that she actually loved Sweeney, but it felt the same. She did feel used and extremely ashamed and she hated herself so much for letting the man she loved threat her so horribly. How could someone that looked so beautiful in her eyes could hurt her that much? How someone who made her heart aching could make her feel so good at the same time?

He hadn't come back yet and it was starting to get dark. Mrs. Lovett was trying to look as detached as possible in front of Toby but it was hard to pretend she wasn't afraid Sweeney come back. What if he didn't? What if, after having sex with her, he felt ashamed too? What if he felt so ashamed that he never came back again? She swallowed.

What if.

"It's ok, madam," Toby said. She turned to look at him. "I'm sure he'll be back before you go to sleep." She sighed and smiled slightly. She was so lucky to have him. "I'm not worried, love," she replied. This answer seemed to satisfy Toby who simply started eating again.

But she was worried.

She so was.

***

She literally jumped when she heard the door open, a relieved sigh escaping her lips. It had been now 25 minutes that Toby was asleep in his bed. "Where the bloody hell were you?" she asked him, almost yelling. Mrs. Lovett immediately regretted her words but, surprisingly, she only noticed Sweeney's mouth turning into a little smirk. "Missed me?" he simply said, his voice low as he was taking off his coat. He threw it on the chair. She swallowed and looked down. "I was just a bit worried, that's all..." He pouted, mocking her. "Aw, pet," he said, then took her hand softly. She felt her heart beating faster. "I... I..." He put a finger over her lips. "Shh." He looked amused. Mrs. Lovett bite her lips, looking in his eyes curiously. He pulled off slowly. "I bought you a present," he said, taking little box out of his pocket. She completely froze.

He had bought her a present.

He was thinking about her.

He wanted to make her happy.

He liked her.

He cared.

He looked at her, that smirk still on his lips. "Now, pet, I hope you won't mind wearing it everyday," he said, opening the box.

A beautiful and elegant necklace.

She sighed shakily, feeling a rush of happiness submerging her. "Love... You shouldn't have..." He stared at her, his smirk growing.

"Turn around," he asked.

She did as he said. She smiled softly feeling his hands on her neck, as he wrapped the necklace around it. She turned around. "It's perfect," he whispered, looking at her intensely. She bite her lips a little nervously. He pulled her against him and kissed her deeply. She felt so warm inside, so good. She kissed him back pouring all her love into the kiss. He growled. "Mine," he said against her lips, lowly.

And then she realized.

He hadn't bought her a present.

He had bought her a reminder.

He wasn't thinking about her.

He was thinking about owning her.

He didn't want to make her happy.

He wanted to make her believe she was important.

He didn't like her.

He didn't care.

She looked at him, frowning sadly. "Yours..." she whispered. He took her face in his hands softly. "You learn quickly, pet. I love that," he smirked stroking her cheek then pulled off. "Where's the dinner?"

She didn't answer.

"Mrs. Lovett," he growled, a bit annoyed. "Where's the dinner?"

She sighed shakily and left without a word, beginning to tear up.

"She will come back," he thought. "She always does."

But she didn't.

Now until it was past midnight. Mr. Todd stopped pacing in the barber shop, hearing footsteps. "Come in," he said loudly enough so she could hear, his back facing the door. Mrs. Lovett entered, closing the door quietly behind her. "I... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I left," she said shakily. "I can't sleep. I want you... I want you next to me." He smirked, not looking at her still. "I knew you would come back, pet."

Oh how she hated herself.

She had tried the best she could not to go back to him but it was too much for her. She swallowed. "Are you mad?"

He turned to face her, slowly. She was only wearing her nightgown. She really was a bloody wonder. "Of course not, my dear. Just don't do that again. Am I clear?" He smirked at her, dangerously. She nodded slightly, just now remembering what she was wearing. "Fuck, I'm so stupid," she thought. She hid herself a bit with her arms. "Okay..." she whispered, frowning a bit.

He walked to the door silently, before opening it to her. "After you," he raised an eyebrow. She looked at him for a moment before walking out of the barber shop, and going down to her bedroom, Sweeney following her closely. Mrs. Lovett sat on the bed, looking at him carefully. He was still wearing that little smirk. He started undoing his trouser. "Are you still wearing your necklace?" he asked, sliding his pants down then walking to the bed. "Yeah..." she whispered. He smirked and sat beside her, kissing her shoulder. "Good girl..." She shivered at his touch. "Lay down," he told her, before laying down himself. She did as he asked, feeling cold. Sweeney pulled her to him, holding her against his chest tightly, then kissed her hair. She wrapped her leg around his and sighed, a weird feeling invading her stomach. "Goodnight, love," she said, gently. He didn't answer and she looked up slowly. He was already asleep. "I love you," she added. "So much..."

She was already asleep, snuggled in his arms, when Sweeney smirked, his eyes closed.

"Mine," he whispered before falling asleep.