Art Projects and Hide and Seek

Hey guys! Sorry about a late update!

Desmia's POV

It had been three days since Nate kissed me, which meant that today was Tuesday. Nate and I were at his house working on our art project that was due tomorrow.

"Hey, can you pass me the hot glue gun?" I asked him. I was currently gluing papers onto our 'tree' while Nate was working on the rest of the landscape.

"Yea sure." He smiled and passed the glue gun to me making sure that our hands brushed briefly.

You would probably think that things between us would be awkward after the kiss, but they weren't. They were...natural I guess. He would hug me and stuff a lot more but other than that, we still acted like brother and sister, like Milo and I. It was comfortable.

"Ouch!" I screamed and dropped the glue gun. I was gluing more paper onto the tree when I accidentally burned my palm.

"Desmia! Oh my gosh are you okay??" Nate dropped what he was doing and came over to examine my hand. It wasn't horrible but, all burns hurt like crap.

"I'm fine." I said chewing on my lip and wincing a little.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." Nate left the room and came back with some burn ointment and a bandage. "This is gonna burn a little at first but it'll get better I promise." He gently rubbed the ointment on my hand, he was right it did burn. Then he put the bandage around it. Once he was done, it did feel a lot better.

"Thanks, it feels better." I smiled and he looked at me. I gave him a confused look and he smiled. "What?"

"Nothing, you're just adorable is all." He winked at me and started working again.

"What do you mean?"

"The way your head tilts to the side when you're confused, it's adorable."

I started blushing and quickly turned my head away so he couldn't see me and started working again.

We finished pretty soon after that. I have to say, we did a really good job.

Nate walked me back to my house and hugged me before he said goodbye. It was about 8:00 now so I took a shower.

I was drying my hair when I noticed that I hadn't seen or heard Milo. That was weird. I looked in the movie room, the living room, kitchen, even my room and I couldn't find him. I was starting to get worried. Had he left the house? But he never leaves without texting me or leaving a note or...something.

Just when I was about to call him, the back door opened and Milo walked in.

I ran into his arms. "Bubba you scared me! I couldn't find you! How long were you out there.

Milo just stared at the floor. "I don't know."

The tone of his voice made me look up at him. "What's wrong?"

He wouldn't even look me in the eyes. "I...I got a call earlier."

"who from?" I could already see tears pooling in his eyes which made me worry even more. "Milo, what's going on?"

"It was from Lyla's boyfriend." Milo sank to the floor and I followed. He leaned his head against the wall gasping for air in between his sobs. "He found her in her apartment today...she's dead."

"What?" I couldn't say anything. My brain was trying to process what Milo had just told me. ".....how?" I finally managed to get out. I reached out to hug him but he jerked away and stood up suddenly with a look of pure anger on his face.