Normal Saturday...Or not

I woke up the next morning in my bed. It was Saturday morning. I smelled pancakes and bacon coming from downstairs. I jumped out of bed and brushed my teeth and went down the stairs.

"Morning Mia" Milo said from the stove.

"Oh my gosh Milo, I love you! You made bacon!!" Milo laughed and handed me a plate.

"Sometimes I really wonder how you're not fat"

I smiled up at him. "What can I say? It's a gift."

He chuckled and sat down next to me.

"So, my dear amazing brother, what's the plan for today?"

"Actually, Nate asked to spend the day with you, which is good because even though school is reopening Wednesday, you aren't allowed to go to school this whole next week, which means I can't either. I have to pick up our homework and someone needs to be with you at all times."

"Ugh, I feel like a baby."

"Don't feel like a baby, you just have an injury that requires you to be with someone at all times, which is no big deal because none of us mind spending extra time with you."

"Wait what about when you can't be here? All you guys have stuff during the week. You have training classes, and so does Hunt. Addison, Tanner, and Dakota all take extra classes, Jo and Nate have training 3 days a week. Wait, that also means I'm gonna miss my ninja training."

Yes, I took special classes that I like to call my ninja training because, in order to prevent some of my visions that happen, I have to be prepared for fighting, and sneaking around.

"Sorry about that Mia, but doctors orders. And don't worry, not everybody's stuff is the same days at the same time, I've got it all figured out. Don't worry."

Just then the doorbell rang. "I'll get it Mia, you finish breakfast and don't forget to take your pain medicine and the stuff for your concussion."

I finished and rinsed off my plate and then took my medicine. Right as I finished that Nate walked into the kitchen.

"Hey Nate." I smiled brightly at him.

"Hey cupcake, looks like it's your lucky day."

"Oh really? An why is that?"

"Because, you get to spend the whole day with me! Duh!"

I laughed and started jumping up and down and clapping like and excited 4 year old. "Oh my goodness!! A whole day with Nate Allen! I think I might faint!" I stopped my act starting to actually feel really dizzy. "Ok seriously I think I might faint."

Nate dropped his bag and came over to me. "Hey you ok?"

"Ya I'm fine, must be because of the concussion."

"Probably, why don't you go sit on the couch I brought your favorite movies!"

"Yea, I'll go do that." I said still feeling dizzy.

Nate helped me into the living room and onto the couch. I sat down while he put in the first movie.

He grabbed a blanket and sat down next to me. He put the blanket over the both of us and pulled me closer so he could wrap his arm around me while I laid my head down on him. He started to rub my back. I felt extremely comfortable.

Nate reached down and grabbed my hand, which surprised me. I looked up to see him watching me with a serious look in his eyes.

I touched the side of his face. "Hey, what are you thinking about?"

He hesitated and said "I'm thinking of how I'm so lucky, if it had been any sooner...I may not have this chance to be with you, holding you right now."

I smiled up at him and kissed him on the cheek. "Hey, look at me. Nate, how many times do I have to tell you, I'm perfectly fine. And look, you are holding me, everything's ok. Alright?"

He smiled and brought my hand to his lips to kiss it. "Alright."

Just then my whole body went stiff. The last thing I remember before the vision started was Nate asking if I was ok.

I saw Milo's mom Rosa. She was about to cross the street to her favorite deli when a man spun around the corner and hit her.

Blood everywhere. These types of visions made me absolutely sick. The car hit her with a sickening crack, impacting so hard that she cracked the windshield.

Tons of sirens in the distance coming as the man behind the wheel, clearly drunk, escaped, sadly without a glimpse of his face.

The last image was of Rosa's face, masked in fear and blood.

I came out of the vision and screamed.