happy homecoming

"Jo!!! Oh my gosh!! I didn't actually expect you to do this!!" In front of me stood my best friends, Jo, Rae, Addison, Dakota, Tanner, Nate, and Hunt.

"Surprised cupcake?" Nate came up to me and gave me a hug. Nate was exactly my height, so for a guy that's pretty short. He had shorter brown curly hair and deep brown/greenish eyes. Truth be told, I had a huge crush on him. Everyone knew but him. I think he liked me too, but it was complicated I guess.

Nate also went to GCPA. He was specialized in all types of fighting technique. He lived with his nanna and his younger sister. His dad was abusive, and his mom left, so his nanna took him in.

I became good friends with Nate when he moved in next door to me 4 years ago. We hung out all the time and texted all the time we weren't hanging out together.

"Very surprised! I love you guys!"

"We love you too Des, and we are so happy to see that you're okay, if it weren't for you, we might not be here." Addison said coming up to give me a hug.

"Guys don't say stuff like that, I don't wanna think about what could have happened...actually I already knew what would of happened." I shuddered at the memories of the vision. "Can we just go in the movie room and watch some movies? I missed hanging out with you guys so much! Did I mention I hate hospitals?"

A few movies later and Addison was passed out on Tanner's shoulder. They had been dating for the past two years and made the cutest couple ever!

Addison was a redhead that was only maybe a half an inch shorter than me. She had bright green eyes, but unlike most redheads, she didn't have any freckles. She was so pretty but didn't think she was until she finally dated Tanner, she says he makes her feel beautiful.

Addison could read people's minds. There were no keeping secrets from her. Her mother was abusive and her family was in a bad financial spot. GCPA kinda saved her, she got a full scholarship to the school and lives in an apartment on campus.

Tanner was about 6 feet tall. He had short sandy blonde hair. Unlike Addison, Tanner was covered in freckles. He had soft brown eyes and was one of the kindest guys you will ever meet.

Tanner can communicate with animals. His family wasn't in the best spot either and he also lived in an apartment on campus.

Beside Tanner and Addison were Rae and Hunt.

Rae was about 2 inches shorter than me and had shoulder length wavy brown hair. She had brown eyes and wore glasses.

Rae was a shifter. You know like can shift into a wolf? Yea weird right? Well the weirdest part was that her parents did it too her. They were scientists that were playing around with wolf DNA. No one knows exactly how it happened, but rumor has it that there was some explosion that Rae got caught up in. It killed her parents and turned her into a freak as some would say. She now lives with her aunt.

Rae was sitting by Hunt. All of us thought that Rae and Hunt should date. It was obvious that they liked each other. About as obvious as me and Nate.

Hunt was as tall as Milo, so really tall. He had dark brown straight hair that was long but not too long. He had dark blue eyes. Believe it or not, he and Jo used to date, it ended but on a friendly note, even Jo says they should get together.

I started to get thirsty. I was lying on Milo's shoulder.

"Hey I'm gonna go get some water." I said to Milo.

"Ok Mia."

I walked into the kitchen to find that Nate was also in the kitchen. I didn't even notice that he had left the room, guess I was too lost in my own thoughts to notice.

"Hey cupcake." He said as soon as he noticed me.

"Hey Nate." I smiled and walked past him to grab a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Can I tell you something Desmia?"

I didn't know if his tone implied that whatever it was going to be was good or bad...sometimes I wish I had Addison's mind reading powers. "Of course you can, what's up?"

"I...I was really scared...when I found out that you were hurt. I knew that it had to be pretty serious. You have no idea how relieved I was to know that you were gonna be ok." He looked at me and a look of pain crossed his face. "I don't know what I would do without you.

I went over and hugged him. "Nate, look at me, you don't have to think of anything like that, I'm right here. I'm perfectly fine, just have a little headache is all."

He squeezed me tighter and we stayed like that for a few minutes. He pulled away and said, "We should probably get back before they think that you passed out from the concussion or something."

I went back into the movie room and sat back down next to Milo and rested my head on his shoulder.

After a few more movies, everyone left but me, Milo and Nate. I was half asleep on Milo's lap with my feet resting on Nate's legs. Nate got up and left saying that his nanna wanted him home for dinner.

"See you later Nate" Milo said as Nate walked out the door.

"Bubba, I'm tired." I said still laying on Milo's lap.

He laughed a little at this. "Then go to sleep Mia, I'm sure that medication the doctors gave you is making you tired. You're parents are going to be out of town for the rest of the week and asked me to stay with you. Do you want something to eat before you go to bed?"

I shook my head no before I fell asleep