Night mares...and Possibly a Dream Come True

I couldn't believe it was already time for school to start back! I was so ready for summer!

Milo has now been officially staying with us for a little over a month. Almost every night I wake up to find him pacing the room or sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands, silent tears streaming down his face, and every time I go to him and hold him tight until he falls asleep again.

We have school tomorrow, they have pretty much fixed the whole school. I guess a special organization like GCPA knows how to pull a couple strings and get a big job done fast.

Milo and I were just now going to bed, it was about 10:00.

"Goodnight Milo." I yawned.

"Sweet dreams Mia."

With that I closed my eyes and fell into the darkness.

I was dreaming. I saw a person next to me wounded and bleeding, but I couldn't quite make out who it was. I think I was in some warehouse but I wasn't sure, everything was so fuzzy.

A man that I also couldn't identify stood with what must have been a gun, he fired a shot at a girl but before the bullet could touch her, another man jumped in front of her.

This was unlike any dream I've ever had before. Normally my dreams are vivid and clear, I know somehow when and where whatever happens is going to happen.

The fact that this one didn't show me, made every part of me grow cold.

I woke up with a small jump. I was cold and sweating. I turned to face Milo, only to find that he wasn't there. Tears started to well up in my eyes when I saw him sitting at my desk with his head in his hands quietly crying.

"Milo." I managed to choke out.

He immediately turned to me, his eyes wet and slightly puffy, dark shadows under them from lack of sleep. As soon as he saw me crying he walked over and pulled me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around me.

He didn't say anything, he just let me cry into the base of his neck, rubbing circles on my back and rocking me slowly back and forth.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked him sniffling.

"Only about 20 minutes before you did." He whispered into my hair.

"I'm sorry." I cried a little more on his shirt.

"Mia, what are you sorry for?" he leaned back and tilted my chin up to look him in the eyes.

"I got your shirt wet." I said in a small voice.

"Mia, I don't care if you freaking soak my shirt. Now look at me."

I did as told. My eyes were still watering and I'm sure they were puffy.

Milo stared at me for a moment before brushing away my tears and saying, "We're gonna be okay, I promise. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Try to go back to sleep Mia."

I snuggled back into him and in no time, I was fast asleep.

"Alright class, today, you and your partner are going to work together to create a piece that will symbolize two different worlds colliding in a creative way." My art teacher Mrs. Sanders explained. "One of you will reach into this pot and grab a slip of paper with two subjects written on them. You will then find a way to incorporate it into a sculpture. First up, Desmia, pick for you and Nate."

I reached in and grabbed the slip. I gave it to Mrs. Sanders and she read it aloud. "Nature, and Industry. Very interesting topic, I look forward to seeing your piece."