Bowling and Black Jackets

The funeral was torture. I stayed by Milo's side every second, afraid that if I left, even for a minute that he would crumble.

A week had passed and Lyla left after the funeral to go stay at her fiancé's house for the next few weeks while she recovered somewhat.

It's Monday and school has officially been closed for three weeks now, guess they still haven't figured out what to do with us and apparently the damage is worse than they thought. The newest announcement is that school will be closed until spring break which is next week.

Milo moved in with us officially four days after Rosa died, but he had stayed the night here those four days. He said he couldn't stand to be there knowing she was never coming back.

So far every night Milo has slept with me in my bed. Maddie doesn't mind because Milo may as well be my brother anyway, she also knows that both of us wake up with nightmares every night.

It was now Monday morning and I woke up wrapped in Milo's arms just as I had the past week and a half. I sat up and it woke Milo.

He looked awful. His eyes have stayed red and swollen, and have turned dull and emotionless, not bright and happy like they were not so long ago.

"Morning beautiful." Even though he was sad, he was still the same old Milo that I loved.

"Morning bubba. How ya feeling?"

"Same as every morning this past week and a half, like crap."

I looked at him sympathetically. I didn't know what to do, but I knew that no matter what, I'd bring back that light in his eyes.

He sat up and I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest, sitting in his lap. "We should do something today."

"hmm? Like what Mia?"

"Uhh...how about we call everybody up and we all go bowling?"

"Bowling? Mia are you forgetting the small fact that you absolutely suck at bowling?"

I pouted at him.

"I'm saying it with love." He replied.

I laughed and hugged him more. "I may suck, but I happen to know that you love bowling, I do too actually, I just suck at it."

He laughed. "Alright, I'm gonna go make us some breakfast, you go call everyone."

So I did and two hours later we were at the bowling alley.

"Wow D, when Jo told me you sucked I had no idea she meant this badly." Addison snickered from her seat.

"Yea seriously Des, you're making us lose to the guys." Rae groaned clearly wishing that she was on the other team.

We were currently playing guys against girls since the teams were even. Dakota couldn't make it because her mom was forcing her to go shopping. So the girls team was me, Jo, Addison, and Rae. The guys team was Milo, Nate, Tanner, and Hunt. Of course they were winning because every single turn I got a gutter ball. Every. Single. Time.

Hunt came over to me after I scored my last gutter ball ending our game.

"I think you deserve a trophy D, not everyone has the courage to face those girls when you make them lose. We all know what horrible sports they are." He smiled down at me, Hunt was always really sweet and quiet.

"Hey not our fault! Next time I say we have team captains and they choose they're players." Jo called.

Nate spoke up next. "Ok, seeing as you and Milo are the best at bowling, why don't you be the team captains?"

We agreed. Milo was first and he picked me. "Milo!" I went up to him. "Are you crazy? You know I suck at this!"

"Don't worry I'll get Nate to show you how to bowl." He smiled and winked at me.

The new teams were Jo, Hunt, Rae, and Tanner, and Milo, Nate, Addison, and me.

"Alright guys lets bowl!" Jo yelled.

The game started off with us in the lead by 2 points, however that lead was about to come to an end because it was my turn.

"Cupcake, hold on a second." Nate called as he walked up to me. He grabbed my hand and placed his arm around my waist. Guiding me, he told me to let go. I held my breath as the ball rolled down the lane, and knocked down every single pin.

"I got a strike!" I yelled and turned around to hug Nate. He smiled and hugged me back.

I then ran up to Milo and he gave me a big bear hug. "Did you see that??"

He laughed. "I sure did Mia."

"Yea well it was all cuz of Nate!" Jo grumbled in her seat. I love her but that girl is super competitive and the fact that she was losing to a team that had me on it was enough to make her mad.

"Jo calm down you know I suck! I desperately needed some help!"

"Yea whatever."

We won the game thanks to Nate helping me. Addison cheered and ran over to Tanner who congratulated her. They were so cute. I smiled.

I decided I was thirsty so I went over to the buy a drink. On my way over I spotted a man in a black jacket. Right when I saw him the familiar dizziness and headache began. I quickly ran over to Nate knowing I was about to pass out with a vision.

"Nate I need you." I said right before everything went black.

A girl who looked to be about 19 walked into the bowling alley. The guy in the black jacket greeted her. She looked at him in shock and started to back away, but he swiftly grabbed her arm and led her outside and into his car.

That night I assumed the girl lay in an alley, beaten and only covered in trash. She was still and lifeless.

Flashback to the same girl sitting at her computer. She was talking to a guy who's profile portrayed him to be 20 years old by the name of Tuck. She had just received a message from him telling her to meet him at the bowling alley.

That man was going to rape and kill that girl if I didn't stop it.