Embarassed is an Underststment

⚠️TW//medium⚠️

Ember's POV

My head feels like it weighs a thousand pounds. My eyelids are like sandpaper as I try to open them. My mouth tastes like shit, and the only smell I'm picking up is sterile. Then my ears start picking up on the whispering that is happening to my left. I must be dreaming though, because I'm hearing Annie's voice.

"Come on, Emmie, can you wake up soon, I miss seeing those beautiful eyes." Ashton's voice is closer than the others, a gentle hand moves some hair off my face.

I try again, harder this time to get my eyelids to lift, wanting to figure out what happened after I dropped Paislee off to Patti. How long ago was that?

"Emmie? Are you awake?" Ashton must have noticed me trying to open my eyes.

"Kind of?" I managed to squeak out, my throat incredibly dry.

"Thank goodness you're okay." He sounds so relieved, and a moment later he is kissing my cheek.

"What? What happened?" I finally manage to convince my eyes they won't die if they open.

"Do you remember anything from yesterday?" He looks like shit. His eyes are bloodshot, big blue bags beneath them. A small amount of stubble has grown out meaning he hasn't shaved or probably showered in the last day. His curls are everywhere, frizzy and messy like he's run his hands through them quite a few times.

"I took Pai to Patti's and went back home to cry. Where are we?" I glance around, my eyes stopping when I see who's sitting on the couch behind Ashton.

"Welcome back to reality, Em. Don't scare the hell out of us like that again, alright?" Haylee smirks as she and Annie walk over.

"Seriously. You're lucky Ashton got a hold of us when he did. You scared the hell out of him and then us. Why didn't you stick to Vodka? At least we know how you react to that one." Annie adds.

"What?"

"You're in the hospital, Emmie. You drank almost a full bottle of whiskey on an empty stomach yesterday. When you started throwing up blood Calum and I rushed you here." Ashton says softly.

"I drank? No, I don't drink. Ever."

"Never now totals out to four times. Sorry, Ember. Ashton took great care of you though, he called us as soon as he and Cal found you, and he took care of you through all the puking and confessions." Haylee sits by my legs rubbing them softly.

"I don't remember any of it. At all." I'm scared, I remember what I said the other times, even if I wouldn't admit it to Haylee. I did.

"Anything?"

"No. I remember what I said to Haylee and to Annie too, even if I never admitted it. I remember the other three times. But I literally don't remember anything after I sat down to cry on the couch, looking at all the shit Justin started online. Oh shit, lock it away, Ash. Lock away social media please. I can't see that right now." I start to shake slightly.

"Hey, hey, calm down, baby. I'll lock it away if you want." He immediately moves to wrap me in his arms, I need it, falling into his chest immediately.

"How are you feeling physically, Em?" Annie asks after a moment.

"Exhausted. I just want to go home and sleep." I say honestly.

"Home as in the apartment or home as in my place?" Ashton asks.

"Your place."

"As soon as the doctor let's you, we will go. Is your stomach, okay? The doctor thought you'd burnt it internally with drinking so much on an empty stomach."