A Brother's Comfort

Slug's pov

    I found my brother! My brother! The one that I haven't seen in years and I finally get to see him again!

   It's been about an hour now. We've just been chatting. He talked about what it was like after running away.

    "So why did you run away in the first place?" I asked him. 

    "I overheard mom and dad talking about how I was a shadow daemon and how much money I'm worth...." he explained.

    "Yeah, in the government's eyes we are just things to be experimented on, but that doesn't explain why you ran away." 

    "I figured that they were going to sell me, we weren't in the best financial situation..." 

    "They would have never done that! They may have been pricks but they weren't that cruel. They were devastated once you left. And grandma and grandpa dying shortly after didn't help either." 

    He looked shocked at that. "Grandma and Grandpa died?!"

    "Yeah, they were going to the store while I was at school, and they were crossing the street. And a..." I paused. The memories coming back. Being told at school to come down to the office. And being told that my guardings had died by a hit and run driver. It was devastating for a young boy who was told earlier that month that his best friend/brother ran away. I felt alone. 

    My parents came to school that day to pick me up early. They brought me home. They told me to grab the important things, like clothes and such. I remember begging to let Sixes come with us. They finally gave in when they saw how upset I was. Then we went to their house. We all were upset. 

    I remember instantly rushing to Liam's room, closing and locking the door behind me. 

    The room was exactly how he had left it. Clothes everywhere, bed a mess, it looked like everything was quickly rummaged through. His suitcase was notably gone. He must have stuffed the essentials into it and took it with him. 

    I walk over to his bed and sat on it. Sixes instantly jumped up and put his head into my lap. He was the only thing who knew how I felt. He stared up at me with those sad understanding eyes. Back when his fur was golden yellow. He was still considered a pup at that time, half the size he is now. 

    I cried into his fur. My world was upside down. Nothing was right. 

   A hug interrupted my thoughts. Flug was hugging me again. I cried. 

    A sound was heard from outside the lab. A yelp. I quickly put my bag on and ran out the door to see what happened. Flug did the same. 

   A growl.

  A screech.

    I ran into the living room to see Demon Child on the ceiling. Sixes was growling at her.

    "Sixes?" I questioned right away.

    He turned to look at me for a second before turning his attention back to the girl on the ceiling.

    I walked over to him and gave him a small pat on the head, carefully avoiding the flower.

    "What did you do to him?" I questioned her.

    "Nothing!" She said instantly.

    I growled a bit. "I know you did something! Why else would he have yelped?! And why is he growling right now?!" I yelled at her.