Mephistopheles, the King of Demons

Mephistopheles pov

    Ugh angles, those little snot nose brats. Sometimes I wished they could die, but my kind seems to enjoy their liquid dreams. Also, based on what I can tell from the demon king's eye I only have five more months. I need to speak about this with De- BlackHat.

    BlackHat isn't his real name of course. He had just chosen it for himself when he had reached the age of 28. His birth name was Devil, but his mother always called him Devy. I guess he didn't really like the name. The rest of his siblings decided to name themselves after him.

     I had decided to keep my birth name when I was 28. Most demons do tend to keep their birth names, only very few decide to change. But that's just how some of them are. I don't really know why my son changed his name to BlackHat.

     Maybe Flauros showed his face to my young son and told him what would be best for his future. He did that for me. I wonder what my old friend is up to nowadays. Maybe I should visit him before I die. He'll probably wouldn't have the time for me though...

     That doesn't matter though. I have five months, angel time... I need to see how much time I have in demon time. There's a lot I need to do. BlackHathad trained his entire life to take my place as king, and his time is coming soon. I know there is something BlackHat is probably doing but the next time I see SmallHat I'll send him to go fetch my eldest son.

     I started to think about what Hell would be like with my son in charge. I know I will have to forbid him from killing family, as I know how much he hates a few of his brothers. I continued to think about how my dimension would be ruled once my son took charge. I raised him to be very similar to me, but his mother had also raised him. So he should be similar, but different.

   I called for a demon named Lionono. He's my right-hand man, and if I didnt have a son to replace me, he would be the one. Before I had children I had told the human queen at the time to make sure that he took my place.

    Lionono came in shortly after I called him. He's shorter than most demons. He has a pair of long horns. His eyes are completely black. He looks similar to a deer or an antelope but standing.

     He's always been my loyal assistant. He's always has done his job right. We were pretty close when we were growing up. I, of course, was born into royalty, and he was born in the castle as well as he was the son of a maid. He's slightly older than me. 

     I remember running around the castle playing games when I wasn't busy. We were almost brothers. One day my father had found out I was playing with one of the maid's kids. I remember him yelling at me. He told me that I was royalty, and that meant I couldn't be seen playing with maids. So we stopped talking. I remember him coming up to me afterward, worried. It took my all to ignore him. 

     I remember being so upset that night. He was probably upset as well. We were the only children in the castle, so I was his only friend, and he was mine. Soon my father had forced me into making friends with some of the more rich kids, but they weren't real friends. They only cared about me because I was royalty. It had sucked. 

     Eventually, my father had died and it was my turn to rule. I was still quite young for a king. The first thing I did as king go down to the maid's corridors. I remember knocking on the door I had knocked on so many times when I was little. A familiar face opened the door. It was Lionono's mom. She smiled at me. 

     "Mephistopheles! It's been such a long time!" she had told me. 

      "Heh, yeah... Is Lionono home?" I had asked her. She nodded and let me in.