PART 17

2015:
3RD PERSON POV:
Steve has an idea, he asks Fate to step out of the room and he takes the rest of the group to gather all of her Soulmates and only them, on couches in a quieter corner of the room. Once they're gathered, the unknowing Avengers are very curious about what's going on "Spangles, what's this about? Do you have a Christmas present for us?" Steve smiles "Yes, Fury's brought a very special someone." Everyone perks up and looks around for their soulmate, they can now feel her, since she's close enough. They're expecting her to be at the door, but she managed to sneak behind them "Surprise!" They all have mini heart attacks as they turn in the opposite direction to where they were looking, to see Fate. She's smiling brightly, standing between Fury and Bucky. Everyone tries to say hello and introduce themselves at the same time, just causing a terrible noise. She speaks loud enough to be heard "Next person to speak, I'll punch!" An agreement comes from beside her "She'll do it, she really will. And she's a super soldier, so it hurts." Some of them try not to laugh as she slowly turns her head to look up at her dad. Then realisation dawns on him as his eyes widen, she punches him hard on the arm and he grunts, he grabs his arm "Told you it would hurt." Everyone laughs.

Fate straightens up "For anyone who isn't completely clear, I'm Fate Barnes." After everyone has introduced themselves, Tony makes a comment "That dress looks very nice on you, but I think it would look better without the jacket." "Right. Thank you, everyone, I'm grateful for the outfit, I've never had a present before." Some of the Avengers frown, Tony speaks "Never?" "No. I don't know what Christmas is, but we definitely didn't have it in HYDRA when I was growing up." They're in shock "Well, I'll buy you anything you want, whenever you want." "Thank you, that's very nice of you." "Jacket." "Right." As she unbuttons the jacket, the front of her dress now visible. The neckline drops all the way down to the skirt of the dress, which starts just above her belly button, it covers her breast but shows off the skin between them, including two soulmarks. A light blue circle with smaller circle inside is on the centre of her chest like Tony's arc reactor, a bit below it is a white star. When she pulls the jacket off her arms, she turns around to place the jacket on the couch behind her, the dress is sleeveless, it connects around the back of her neck, showing off the sides of her upper arms. On her left is black spider and on her right is a green science beaker. The back of the dress is like the front, it shows off her spine down to the skirt, down her spine are the last four soulmarks. Visible just below the strap around her neck, is a yellow lightning bolt, below that is a set of white footprints, below that is a brown bird wing and finally, hidden half under the top of her skirt, is a black tipped arrow pointing upwards. All of them smile when they spot their mark on her body. Bucky finds it uncomfortable, seeing all of them staring at his little girl.

Throughout the party, each soulmate and Bucky, gets to dance with Fate. Once the party is over and it's just the Avengers left, she gets to know them all better and her them. It's a strange family, but Fate is happier than she's ever been, surrounded by people who accept her.