PART 16

2015:
FATE POV:
I've been told today is Christmas, whatever that is. Apparently the Avengers have all wanted to see me, but Fury hasn't been allowing it. He has a plan, to send me to them for Christmas. I've been stuck on this helicarrier for quite some time and I'm looking forward to getting off, I'm looking forward to seeing my dad again. I woke up yesterday morning remembering something he said to me when I was younger 'You know injuring someone in anyway isn't polite?' Then the memories started returning to me, including when he was sent away. I also remember being with him when I met Rogers and Wilson "Barnes." Oh yeah and now I'm known by my actual name, Fate, Fate Barnes. I look to the door to see Fury with a box "We leave in 15 minutes." "Alright." I get into the shower, dry, then open the box. Inside is a piece of fabric, some shoes, a smaller box and a note. I read the note.

'Rebecca, Fury won't allow us to see you, but he said he'd give this to you, from us. We wanted to give you something, but weren't sure what, so we decided on an outfit, since we've only ever seen you in a catsuit. Don't be freaked out if they fit perfectly, Stark looked into your staff file at your measurements, that's just the kind of person he is, you'll get used to it. We really want to get to know you, the real you, but no pressure, whenever you're ready. I look forward to seeing you again.
Love, Clint and the Avengers.'

I find myself smiling at the note, I put it to the side and take a look at the shoes, they're little gold glitter-covered flats. I pick up the little box and open it, inside there's a gold star necklace and some gold pins with little jewels on them. I take out the material, to see it's a dress, so as soon as I've dried myself and my hair, I put it on, then the shoes and necklace. I curl my hair and position it on one shoulder, rather than down my back, I then use the gold pins to hold it in place. I put on some makeup and take a look at myself in the mirror. I smile and look at myself from different angles, looking at my soulmarks being reflected back at me. There's a knock at the door "You ready?" "Yes!"

3RD PERSON POV:
The Avengers are having a Christmas party, Natasha and Tony, Pepper and Rhodes, Hill and an Agent, are currently dancing together. Clint, Pietro, Bucky, Sam and Steve are all sitting at the bar, drinking and talking. Thor, Bruce, Dr Cho, Wanda, Vision, various trusted S.H.I.E.L.D Agents and close friends of Avengers, are sitting around the room on couches, talking. Fury escorts Fate into the facility, they are greeted by FRIDAY, who agrees to keep their late arrival quiet, so they can make themselves known. The pair stop walking when they come to the room where they can hear music, smell drinks and see lots of people. Fate lets out a nervous breath, she'd never admit out loud to being nervous, but she's freaking out inside. Bucky is the first to notice her, he just happens to look in that direction, he sees Fury in a smart suit and on his arm is a small young woman, in a short blue dress with a denim jacket done up. He gets up and walks over to them, as Bucky approaches, Fate can't stop a smile from appearing on her face, neither can Bucky. Fate closes the distance by running and jumping at him. The Avengers at the bar are now close enough to sense her, they turn to see Fury smiling in the doorway and Bucky tightly hugging someone, whose feet can no longer reach the ground.

When Bucky puts her down, he cups her cheeks in his hands "You've grown into such a beautiful young woman. I'm sorry I missed out on it all." She smirks "Even when someone isn't around anymore, they're always with you, just close your eyes and remember." He smiles brightly and hugs her again "I should've gotten you out of there." "Don't blame yourself, dad. I'm here now and so are you." She giggles "And so are all my soulmates." Bucky acts surprised "Soulmates? I haven't heard anything every minute of everyday about you." They both laugh "Who do you want me to give the 'dad talk' to first?" She hits him on the arm, he rubs it "Careful, little miss. You've definitely grown in strength, haven't you? If only you'd grown in height, too." "Hey!" She smiles big and hits him again, this time harder. She then spots the audience at the bar "I need to go make some introductions." "Come on then." He offers her his arm and she takes it.

Bucky walks his daughter over to the bar, they all smile at Fate, Pietro jumps from his stool and engulfs her in a hug "Oh. How I've missed you, Princessa." "Oh, how I've missed your accent, Piet." She chuckles and he moves his face back so he can kiss her, Bucky can't help a glare forming on his face. Steve and Sam instantly feel jealous, but have to tell themselves that they have to share. Clint on the other hand is in heaven, just looking at the pair. When Pietro pulls back and smirks, Fate turns a little pink, she bites down on her bottom lip and looks at her feet. She then looks to the group and smiles "Um, hi. I'm Fate Barnes, but you already kind of knew that." Clint pulls her into a hug, then kisses her forehead and steps aside, so she can get to the others. Steve and Sam pull her into a group hug with them.