PART 12

2015:
FURY POV:
Once Radcliffe is hooked up, I start asking questions "What is your name?" "Rebecca Radcliffe." "How old are you?" "23." "Where was your first mission?" "New Mexico." "In 2014, where were you?" "On a mission." "Have you ever met the Winter Soldier?" "I don't know who that is." "Do you work for HYDRA?" There's a blip on the detector "Well, can any of us be sure? It's a rough business and there were HYDRA amongst us, wasn't Pierce HYDRA?" "Yes, he was. Do you work for HYDRA right now?" "No." "Unhook her, she's clean. Welcome back to S.H.I.E.L.D, Agent Radcliffe." I hold out a hand to her and she shakes it. I notice her grip is stronger than I remember.

She must've kept herself busy since we last saw her, that's good.

"You should call your soulmate, he's been worried, you haven't been answering his calls for a while." She nods her head.

REBECCA POV:
After setting things up with the Director, I head a location Goodall said he'd meet me. When I arrive, he's already there "Did everything go okay?" "Yes. Whatever you did to me, worked. I believed every lie I was giving." "Unfortunately, the effects are only temporary, if anymore questions are asked in the future, you're on your own." I nod in understanding "There was something he mentioned, a soulmate." "Yes, you did meet one of them, you told me of this, when you met him in New Mexico in 2011."

2011, New Mexico, best remember that.

"What's his name, Fury said I should call him?" "You never told me his name." "I didn't?" "No." "If I describe him, would you be able to identify him? He was one of the Avengers in Sokovia." "Go ahead." "Tall, muscular, blonde, was wearing blue and had a circular shield with a star on it." A look of horror crosses his face "No!" "Explain." "That was Captain America, he wasn't the one you met in 2011, which means you have two S.H.I.E.L.D soulmates." "Is that bad?" "It means you are going to have to be very careful and really act the way you did before." "But I don't remember how I acted before!" "You're going to have to figure it out, otherwise it's all over."

The next day, when I arrive at S.H.I.E.L.D, Fury walks towards me "Morning, Radcliffe." "Morning, Sir." "Have you contacted your soulmate yet?" "No." "Why not?" "I couldn't find his number." He pulls out his phone and pulls me into an empty conference room. He does something on his phone, then hands it to me "I'll be back." He leaves "Sir?" I hear a man's voice and look down at the phone, to see it's connected to someone, the name on the screen reads 'Agent Barton' "Hello? Director?" I put it to my ear "Barton." "Who's this?" "Radcliffe." He gasps "Rebecca! I thought maybe you were dead or something, you haven't answered my calls in months!"

Well, I haven't had a phone whilst in Sokovia.

"My phone broke and I lost your number. I didn't have any way to contact you and no one to ask for your number." "Well, at least you're okay. Where are you right now?" "In New York." "I want to see you. I'm at the Avengers Tower."

They have a tower? Where? And does that mean this soulmate is an Avenger too, which one is he?

"Could you come by? You can meet the rest of the team." "I don't know. Maybe we can meet, just you and I?" "Sure. Central park, at lunchtime today?" "I'll see what Fury says." "Yeah. Why are you on his phone anyway?" I look up to see him walk back into the room "He's helping me out." He gestures for me to hand the phone to him "Sorry, I have to go." I hand Fury the phone, he puts it to his ear "Barton… She's fine, yes… No, she's just doing me a favour… It's nothing she can't handle… Yes, if she wants to… Alright." He hangs up "Looks like you have a lunch date. Come on, I have things for you to do this morning."

CLINT POV:
"Yes, if she wants to." "Barton-" I look to Cap "-we might have something." I nod "I gotta go." Fury replies "Alright." I hang up and put my phone in my pocket. Cap nods to my phone "Who was that?" "Soulmate." He frowns "What is it, what's wrong?" "Did I tell you about my soulmate on the helicarrier?" "Yeah, a HYDRA Agent." "Well, she was in Sokovia too." "Did she survive?" "No idea. One of the enhanced took her, the fast one." We gather with the rest of the team, we see a photograph of a body and a message on the wall behind. Stark asks "What's this?" Cap replies "A message. Ultron killed Strucker." "And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us." Tasha speaks "This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Cap nods "Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." "Yeah, I bet he-" She looks at a computer screen and sighs "Yep. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased." Stark stands "Not everything." We go through all the paper files.

After fighting with Ultron and the enhanced twins again, I fly us away. Everyone's a bit it out of it, because of some sort of mind control the girl was using. I also re-encountered Pietro, my other soulmate, he definitely wasn't happy to see me.

Soulmate, damn it! I'm gonna miss my date!

I pick up my phone and call Fury. We meet at a safe house, where Fury is waiting for us. The first thing I ask is "Did you apologise to Rebecca for me?" "I did. She understands."