PART 2

1999:
FATE POV:
I wake up at 6am like usual and immediately visit the bathroom, then get dressed. Once I'm in sneakers, jeans and a red shirt, I leave my room to hunt for food. As I walk down the corridor I smile at everyone I pass, the odd few smile back, but I mainly just get nods.

Why is everyone always so moody around here?

When I arrive at the mess hall I go upto the food and grab a tray. I can't reach the counter to place it on, so I wait for my mom to approach me. She arrives on time and takes my tray from me, she gets me my usual an I follow her to a table where her friends are already sitting. My mom talks to her friends as we eat, I just keep to myself, unless I'm asked something, then I answer before going back to keep out of the way. I'm just finishing my orange juice, when someone kneels down beside me, I turn to see Mr Goodall. I smile and he smiles back "How are you this morning, Fate?" I nod "I'm good. How are you, Mr Goodall?" "I'm good, as always." I laugh "Do you mind grabbing me a muffin?" "Sure."

Must want to talk to my mom.

I head over to where the muffins and stuff are, but like usual, I can't reach, being short is a nightmare. An Agent reaches up and grabs something, so I straighten up "Excuse me?" He looks around, then looks down, a grumpy look on his face "What do you want?" "Could you please pass me a blueberry muffin?" He huffs, he grabs one and mumbles under his breath "Bloody kid, why do they even keep her around?" But I hear him, so when he hands it to me with a fake smile on his face, I slam my foot down on his and he has to bite down on his lip to not scream out in pain. I speak quietly to him "Because I'm HYDRA's fate. Watch and learn, Agent." I then smile brightly and walk away with the muffin. When I get back to the table mom speaks "Fate, you're going to do as My Goodall tells you today." "Yes, mother." I follow Mr Goodall out of the mess hall and hand him his muffin on the way "Blueberry? My favourite, thank you."

I'm lead into a training room, inside a figure is standing facing the other way, I can tell it's a man by his large muscular figure, even though his dark brown hair is shoulder length "Soldier." The man turns around, I smile as we walk closer. Taking a closer look at him, I'd say he's in his late 20's, his blue eyes look lifeless as they look to Mr Goodall. I then notice how different the man's left arm looks.

Is that normal? Why is it silver?

"This is the Winter Soldier. Soldier, I want you to meet your daughter, Fate."

Daughter?

We stop walking just a metre or so away from him and I look up at the huge man.

WINTER SOLDIER POV:
I look down at the tiny smiling girl, she's about a third of my height, her hair is light brown and shoulder length but in bunches, her smile falters as she looks up to the Agent "What?" "This is your father." She looks to me again, confusion on her face.

I'm confused too, I don't remember how any of this happened.

"We wanted to wait until she showed any signs, before introducing you to each other. Now that she's showing signs, I want you to train her." I speak up "Showing signs of what?" His lips quirk up a little "You'll see soon enough. Fate." He puts a hand on her shoulder and she looks up at him "Don't kill him-" She glared at him "-but don't go easy on him either." He walks out of the room and locks the door behind him. He'll come back later, giving me time to start training. She stands straighter "What are you training me to do, Mr Winter?"

Mr Winter? I don't like that, but I can't exactly ask her to call me dad.

"To fight, I assume." I get down on my knees so I'm a similar height to her "Let's see what these 'signs' are." I gesture for her to come closer, she stops walking when she's only a foot away from me, her blue-green eyes look into my blue eyes "Hit me." "But you haven't done anything to me." "I'm not gonna hit you, I'm testing you, to see what you can already do." "I've never hit someone before, isn't that rude?" "Well, yeah. It's not meant to be polite." "Then why should I do it?"

Good point, why should she do it? She's just a kid.

I shake my head "So you've never hurt anyone accidentally or on purpose?" "Yes." "Yes, you have?" She nods "You just told me you've never hit anyone." She smiles "I haven't." "You know injuring someone in anyway isn't polite?" She drops her smile "He deserved it." "What did he do?" "He was rude to me." "So, what did you do to him? Show me." "But you haven't been rude to me." "I can take it, I'm training you, you can hurt me, it's fine." She nods "Can you please stand then, Mr Winter?" I get to my feet. Before I know what's happening, there's a little pain in my right foot, I look down just in time to see her remove her foot from mine. I smile, something I haven't done in as long as I can remember.

She's got my super strength, she actually is mine.

She returns with a huge toothy grin "You're strong." "So is your foot, you don't even look like you're going to cry like the Agent did!" I chuckle, but then she asks "Are your feet like your arm?" I frown and look at my left arm, the metal one, I then look at the curious look on her face "No. My arm is the only part of me that's metal." "It's metal? Why?" "I lost my arm." "Maybe I can help you look for it?" I laugh, a proper laugh.

She's adorable! Her mother must be very different than myself… her mother, who is she? Why don't I know her? No, that's not important now.

"It's gone, but I have this arm now. Now, Fate, let's see what else you're capable of."