PART 7

2012:
3RD PERSON POV:
Thor, Steve and Natasha escort Loki into the helicarrier after retrieving him from Germany and having a fight about ownership. He's then taken by Agents to a cell. The group head to a table to sit down, Director Fury heads over to them with Bruce. As soon as Thor and Bruce see each other, they both feel something, Bruce panics internally and even a little on the outside, but Thor grins widely. Thor then runs round the table and pulls the smaller man into a huge bear hug, Bruce was worried about having to keep himself calm, but it seems Thor was doing a great job of calming him down just with a hug. The Director sneaks away to interrogate Loki and Tony walks into the room, talking to Agent Coulson. When they see the hug, Tony shoots Natasha a look, whuch she returns with a smirk.

2011/2012:
REBECCA POV:
The Thor incident is over and I didn't even catch a glimpse of him. Barton accompanied Coulson and I back to S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters. The whole way he tried to get to know me, but I was internally panicking, because I didn't know how to handle it. By the time we arrived, he'd gone quiet.

As soon as we walk into the building, we head straight for Director Fury's office, but on the way Mr Goodall grabs my arm "Agent Radcliffe, you're needed." Coulson nods and Mr Goodall takes me. We leave Headquarters and head somewhere safe, he then speaks "We were monitoring you-" I remember the thing around my ankle that monitors my vitals, so HYDRA can keep an eye on me "-and they were going crazy, what happened?" "Why didn't you explain what soulmates are to me?" "Who told you about soulmates?" "One of my soulmates."

You aren't getting around this now, cough up.

"What did you tell him about your marks?" "Nothing." "Good." "Good? Why is that good?" "Because your soulmates aren't connected." "Huh?" He clears his throat "Most people get either 1 or 2 soulmates." "I have 8." "Exactly. That's not normal, that's incredibly rare and I can tell you for a fact that no one else in S.H.I.E.L.D has 8. So either he was lying-" "He practically electrocuted me!" "-or he doesn't have all the soulmates you have. He might have 1 or 2 of them, but not the rest. Which means the others might not all be connected either." "What does that mean for us?" "It's complicated, very complicated. We'll have to figure this out, until we can, I'm going to put you on a long mission." I nod. I was then sent to a whole different country, whilst I was there New York attacked by aliens, more aliens I've missed out on seeing. A group called the Avengers, who I had no idea existed, saved everyone. When watching about it on the news I spotted Barton amongst them, I don't know why, but something in me told me to check he's okay.

I pull out my phone and pull up the phone number he had put in, when in the car when we just wouldn't shut up, I gave him my phone to keep him quiet. Now I'm glad I did. My thumb hovers over the call button. I dexide to quickly remove the thing on my ankle, I have to remove it when I shower, so they'll think that's what I'm doing. I then press the call button and put my phone to my ear, it rings for a while, before a woman answers. I don't know what to think "Barton's phone." "Is he there, can I talk to him?" "Who is this?" "Just tell me if he's there, if he's not, I'll go." She sighs "He's currently busy, he's flying."

Oh, that explains the background noise.

I hear a voice, I think it's Barton's "Who is it, Tasha?" "I don't know, she won't give me her name." "Does she sound young?" "Yeah." "Radcliffe, that you?" I reply "Yeah." The woman speaks again, but a bit quieter "So, you know who this is?" "Yeah, one of my soulmates." "Oh, this is her?" She then whispers, but I have enhanced hearing, so I hear it "She doesn't sound very nice." "We're not exactly in a relationship, we're trying to figure things out." "What have you figured out so far?" "That she doesn't want to tell me about herself just yet. Just pass her over." "You're flying." "I can do both, just give me the damn phone before she hangs up!" There's a bit of movement before I hear his voice loud and clear "Babe, hey."

Babe? Ugh, I guess I'll have to just put up with whatever he decides to call me.

"I saw the news and I just... I wanted to make sure you're okay." "I'm alright, yeah, bit beat up, but I'll be fine." "Good, then I'll leave you to-" "Hey, don't go! Please." "Alright." "How's your mission going?" "It's going okay." "Do you know when you'll be back? I want to introduce you to some people." "I don't know when, when it's done, I suppose." "Right. Well, the woman who picked up the phone is Natasha, she's my best friend, I'd like you to meet her at some point. I don't want you thinking anything is going on between her and I, she actually already has one of her soulmates." "Okay. I'm not great with people." He chuckles "I've figured that much already, we'll take it slow." "Alright. Well, I'll let you go now, don't want you crashing. Bye, Barton." "You can call me Clint, you know that right?" "Right, bye." I hang up and let out a deep breath.