PART 13

2015:
REBECCA POV:
I'm in the training room, jogging on a treadmill "Radcliffe!" I slow to a stop as Fury marches over to me "We've got a situation and you're coming with me." I follow him out "What's the situation?" "The Avengers need our help and I need you to go collect someone for me, his name is Colonel James Rhodes, I'll give you his address." I turn up at a Military base, I'm granted entry and walk up to a desk "I need to speak to Colonel Rhodes, it's a matter of urgency." A minute or so later, a dark skinned man in uniform, walks into the room "You're looking for me?" I hold out a hand "Agent Radcliffe." He shakes it "Rhodes." "The Avengers need your help." He smiles "Course they do. Lead the way."

We're on a helicarrier, flying to Sokovia. When we arrive, I look out of a window to see the city is flying, which was definitely not the way I left it. I'm in the control room, sitting beside Rhodes, waiting for instructions. Hill turns to me "Radcliffe, go down to the lifeboats and help load civilians on." "Yes, Ma'am." I run down to where the lifeboats are and quickly jump into one, as a voice can be heard "Lifeboats secure to deploy. Disengage in three… two… take 'em out." We fly out and towards the flying city, I see robots flying around and shooting at everything. As soon as we get to the edge, I feel a tingling.

Which soulmate is it?

A man with light brown hair, carrying a bow and arrow, starts ushering people onto the lifeboat. I get off and help people on, as we're doing so, he speaks "Rebecca? What are you doing here?" "My job. I'm back at S.H.I.E.L.D now." "This is the favour?" "I guess so. You're an Avenger, right?" "Yeah?" "So, shouldn't you be fighting? I can get these people on here." "Alright." He quickly rushes to my side and kisses my cheek, then runs away.

Don't get too attached.

I continue helping people onto the lifeboats. It's been a while and most people are on the boats, Barton runs over to me and smiles "You okay?" "Yeah, you?" "Yeah, I'm fine." He takes a few deep breaths, behind us I hear a woman "Costel? We were in the market. Costel!?" By the time I look in the direction of all the destruction, I see that Barton has already started running that way. From what I can see, he finds the boy, but I also see a small ship flying in their direction, it doesn't seem to be changing direction. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Pietro run from quite a while away, turning into a blur.

Pietro? What the hell is he doing here? He's going to get himself killed!

He may have super speed, but I'm faster than a normal person too and I'm closer. I run towards the ship, I run faster than I ever have before.

I can't let my soulmates die, I just can't!

The ship opens fire and I rapidly approach it, I feel some bullets fly through me, but I keep going. I run between Pietro and the ship, I jump onto an overturned car and launch myself up into the air, more bullets pierce my skin. I grab the nose of the ship and yank it down.

PIETRO POV:
I watch in horror as someone jumps up and grabs the ship, they bring it crashing down to the ground, it immediately sets alight. I speed over and lean over the person, they managed to move out of the way just in time. But what surprises me most, is that it's Fate. Her hair is no longer blonde and it's a mess, bits and pieces falling out of a bun. Her navy blue catsuit is torn and covered in blood, I can see all the bullet wounds.

Please don't die, please don't!

I take her face in my hands "Just hold on, you'll be okay." "Are there any bullets still in me?" "What?" "Are there any bullets still in me, Pietro?" "Uh…" I try to move her as carefully as I can, but she still groans. There are as many holes in her back as there are on her front "I don't think so." "Good. I just need to stop the bleeding and I'll be alright." I hear a noise come from the ship "Ultron, he must still be alive." I nod "I'll kill him!"