Chapter 19: Neon Lights

Start from the beginning

“That was so much fun!” I hugged Aunt Maria. “Thank you so much!”

“You’re the one that put in the hard work, not me.”

“But you gave me the chance.”

“Then you’re welcome. Let’s go celebrate with your family.”

            My family tackled me in a group hug when we got to them before taking me out to eat at my favorite restaurant. We reserved a table in the back of the restaurant hoping we wouldn’t get as much attention as we usually do when we go out. Mom and Aunt Demi passed around their phones to show all the pictures they took of me at the show. I sat next to Anna and Kay around Dave, Mar, Rosily, Alice, and Sim. The adults sat on one end of the table and the kids at the other end.

“How’s your music going?” I asked Kay and Rosily.

“Great!” They both responded.

“I’m working on another album,” Rosily said. “Mom came up with a great idea that I need to ask you about.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“My next album is about healing and recovery. Mom, Aunt Kayla, Aunt Simone, Anna, and you are in recovery and working on healing yourself. It’s inspiring to grow up around these things.”

“It is?” Anna questioned.

Rosily nodded, “I’ve learned a lot from it and I think it’s important for people to know so that is the theme in my next album. I want to inspire others to heal and stay in recovery. Will you two collaborate with me on the album?”

“Really?” Anna asked.

“You want to collaborate with us?” I asked after.

“I do,” she answered, “I’ve collaborated with Aunt Kayla and mom already. I want to collaborate with both of you too.”

“I would love to,” I smiled, “because that sounds like so much fun.”

“I agree,” Anna answered, “That would be an incredible experience. I will totally work with you.”

“Awesome!”

“Do you have a song in mind?” I asked.

“I was wondering if we could use one of yours? I know you write songs D and it would be incredible to put one of them on the album.”

“They’re not that good though.”

“We can work together on it. Me, you, and Anna together and I will get my other songwriters to help. Please?”

I smiled, “How can I say no to my cousin.”

“Yes! Thank you D!”

“I have a few songs in mind,” I told her.

“Already?”

“I wrote one for Anna,” I said, “about our friendship after the accident. We weren’t going to release it, but it might be the perfect theme for your album.”

“What’s it about?” she asked.

Anna answered before I got the chance, “It’s about her wanting to get better and heal… for me.”

“That sounds perfect. Any others?”

“I wrote one,” Anna said.

“You sure you want to release it though?” I asked her.

“Maybe I need to,” she smiled at me. “It is for a good reason.”

“What’s the song about?”

Anna took a deep breath before answering, “I wrote a song inspired by my family and Demetria and what I put them through. It’s about recovery.”

“This is going to be the greatest collaborations ever!” Rosily laughed. “I’m so excited!”

“We are too,” I laughed. “What about you Kayla? Any new projects?”

“Actually yes, a movie. Now that my newest album is done and I’ve finished my tour I signed on to do a movie.”

“What movie?”

“It’s an action romance film.”

I smiled, “That sounds exciting.”

“I’m really excited. It came from a book and I am obsessed with the book.”

“I’ll have to check it out.”

“You should,” she recommended, “because you would love it.”

“It is good,” Alice agreed, “Kay let me borrow her copy and I read it in less than two days.”

“Wow, it must be good then.”

“Are you kids done yet?” Uncle David called down to us.

We laughed at him as he stood up and came down to our side of the table. He put his arm around Kay and Rosily. He looked around at all of us, “Who’s in for some pool time?”

“Me!” we all cheered.

“Great! Let’s go to my sister’s house!”

“David!” mom laughed.

He shrugged, “What can I say? Your pool is better. I know because I’m the one that paid to have someone put it in.”

“Yeah thanks for that by the way,” she hit him in the arm.

We all stood up and I wrapped my arm around Alice as we made our way to the vehicles. We piled into three different vehicles and our bodyguards drove us home.

“How is your book going?” I asked Alice.

“I forgot to tell you, Aunt Kayla set me up with a meeting with her publisher quite a while ago and it’s almost finished.”

“Really?!”

She nodded, “It should be published in six months or so. They are having me do photo shoots and filming now to advertise my book. There’s one commercial out so far and I screamed when I saw it on TV the first time.”

I laughed, “You screamed?”

“Totally screamed,” she nodded.

“How many people were home?”

“A few.”

“Were they scared?”

She nodded and laughed, “They ran up to my room thinking something was wrong.”

I shook my head as I continued laughing, “I love my family.”

“We are a unique bunch.”

            My life is finally on its way. My clothing line is released, I’m collaborating on music with my best friend and my cousins, and I’m putting my relationships with my family back together. Everything is falling into place and I couldn’t be happier. I hope this lasts a long time.

THE END CHAPTER 19!

vote and comment please! :D