Orvyn

Pagkatapos makipag-usap sa iilang mga tao'y nakawala na rin sina Orvyn. Her heart was beating fast as she led him to the rooftop. She had already told her brother not to allow visitors there because although the party was for her, she would enjoy it better in solitude.

Napatingin siya kay Desmond bago napangiti.

She enjoyed solitude but she didn't mind spending time with Desmond at all.

Kaagad silang sinalubong ng malamig na hangin sa rooftop. It was a huge space and there was a bunk bed, fairy lights and even a small shelf for books. Her dad had made the place comfortable for her when she was young. Nalaman kasi nitong gusto niyang namamalagi roon. She had already spread the comforter out and her little lamp ready.

"You know what, I used to spend my nights, even my days here a lot kaya ang ginawa ni daddy ay gawin itong parang kwarto ko. I even like this more than my own room," she said before sitting on the comforter. Desmond followed, sitting beside her.

Inilibot nito ang tingin sa rooftop bago tumango-tango. "I can see why," he said.

Napangiti si Orvyn bago napatingala, hindi alintala ang lakas ng tunog ng party sa garden. "This'll probably sound corny and all pero I had been dreaming of showing this to someone other than my dad or my mom or my kuya. Alam mo, halata naman ata pero hindi ako 'yong batang active. I would just sit down in the corner and watch my classmates play kaya wala akong kaibigan. Yes, I had people to talk to but I don't really consider the bond strong enough to lead them to this place."

Napabuntunghininga siya bago tuluyang nahiga sa comforter. Ramdam niya ang tingin ni Desmond sa kanya pero nanatili lang siyang nakatingin sa itaas. There weren't a lot of stars but she didn't mind.

"I do like being alone naman pero minsan hindi ko maiwasang matanong sa sarili ko kung bakit ako ganito, kung bakit ang hirap sa 'king mag-open up sa ibang tao o mag-try ng ibang bagay. Siguro, nasanay lang ako sa comfort zone. Nasanay ako sa routine at set-up ko: school, home, school, sometimes coffee shop. New things make me anxious," she said.

"Like this?" Desmond asked, motioning the both of them.

She stared at him for a few seconds before sighing. "To be honest, yes. Kinakabahan pa rin ako. Nagulat nga ako sa sarili ko when I did all of this, when I wrote you notes and even asked you out. Those were the things I hadn't imagined I could do. I mean, who would?"

Napangiti ang lalaki. "I'm glad you led me here. I'm glad you did those things. I genuinely admire the courage. You're amazing."

Naramdaman niya ang panginginit ng mukha sa narinig bago dahan-dahang sumilay ang ngiti sa mukha. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

There was a long silence between them after. Ang naririnig lang ang ingay ng mga tao sa baba at ang naririnig lang ni Orvyn ay ang malakas na pagkabog ng dibdib niya.

She continued staring at the dark sky, feeling the warm presence of the guy beside her and silently thanking the universe for bringing the both of them together.

Orvyn was naturally an anxious person. That was the reason why she barely had any friends. She would constantly think about the worst case scenario or the thought that they didn't really want to be with her, maybe they pitied her, and found her an uninteresting person.

That was the reason why she settled with her comfort zone. Baka iyon din ang dahilan kung bakit niya nagustuhan si Desmond. She somehow saw herself in him. He was like an uncanny duplicate.

"Kaya siguro nagkaroon ako ng lakas ng loob sa 'yo kasi I'm more comfortable with you. Yes, may kaonting kaba at ilang pa rin pero it's actually better. The fact that I can talk to you like this signifies the trust I don't usually give to people. It's great."