Orvyn

Nanginginig ang mga kamay ni Orvyn habang inilalagay ang note sa locker ni Desmond. Malakas ang kabog ng dibdib niya at para bang hindi siya makahinga. Huminga siya nang malalim bago sinulyapan sa huling pagkakataon ang note. Huminto ang tingin niya sa bandang dulo at napangiti nang mabasa ang mali rito.

'That should work,' she thought before breathing deeply once again.

Dahan-dahan niyang isinara ang locker ni Desmond bago naglakad palayo na para bang walang nangyari. Other people were too busy to even care about what she did. She learned to act normally with situations like that. There was a greater chance no one would suspect unless she would act like a nervous and uneasy cat.

But, of course, she was nervous. She clenched her hands in her pockets as she walked to the comfort room. She needed to calm down before meeting her brother once again.

Nang marating ang banyo'y kaagad siyang pumasok sa isang cubicle. She sat down on the toilet bowl before shutting her eyes close. The walls felt too close and even felt nearer than usual. She clenched her hands around the straps of her bag tightly before breathing hard.

Her head was almost burning, it hurt. She bit her lower lip before eventually peeling the skin out of it.

She couldn't stop her hands from trembling even with the tightness of her grasps. She could even hear the loud beating of her heart as if it were in her ears.

She needed to calm.

"Safety protocol, the first thing you should do is to breathe in, breathe out. Loudly, it doesn't matter, as long as you allow yourself to breathe deeply."

She tried to clear her mind and tried focusing with her breathing.

Breathe, Orvyn, breathe.

She stopped biting her lip and started breathing deeply. Her chest was burning. She could feel the rushing of her blood towards her face and her ears were even ringing.

The cubicle wasn't a good place for her to calm but she had no choice but to hold unto it until she was finally able to breathe normally.

Pinunasan niya ang mukha niya bago lumabas ng cubicle. Nagkatinginan sila ng isang babaeng nakaharap sa salamin. She smiled a little. "Okay ka lang?"

Orvyn returned a smile. "A-Ah, yes."

Yumuko siya bago nagmamadaling lumabas ng banyo. Nanginginig pa rin nang kaonti ang kamay niya pero hindi na malakas ang kabog ng dibdib niya.

She didn't try thinking about the note again till she reached her brother's car. She would deal with it a few hours later. At that time, she didn't want to be anxious and be reminded of things. Alam niyang mag-aalala na naman ang Kuya niya.

She smiled at him as she slipped inside the shotgun seat. Malalim ang tingin nito sa kanya kaya iniwas na lamang niya ang tingin sa kapatid. She purposely giggled. "Okay, sa'n tayo 'punta?"

Owen wasn't dumb and she was sure he knew there was something wrong with her again. Surprisingly, he didn't burst the bubble. Sumabay lamang ito habang binubuhay ang makina ng sasakyan. "You get to choose. Anywhere that could make you happy. Iyon naman ang punto ng mga celebrations, for one's happiness."

Napalunok siya sa sinabi nito pero hindi niya pinahalata ang kaba. "Home, then. My bed and my pillows are my happiness, Kuya."

He let out a pout. Napatawa na lamang siya nang mahina.

"Okay, then. Kain muna tayo. I'm starving."

"What do you want to eat?"

"Fishball."