{ Lee J i n k i }

Start from the beginning

"Listen to me hyung. I am not giving up. I'll prove your innocence, no matter what it'll cost. So don't you give up on yourself and help me. Do you hear me?" The prince told his friend.

"How? I've already told you everything I know."Onew said.

"You have to remember more. There must be something else that can help us. Anything, even the smallest thing, tell me. What did you see? Didn't you notice anything abnormal when you found the dead body?"

"I... I've told you everything, really. There wasn't any—wait." Onew stopped himself as something came to his mind.
"What? Do you remember something? What is it? Tell me." Jonghyun questioned nonstop.

"Oh god, why hadn't I noticed it earlier?" Onew murmured.

"Stop talking to yourself. Talk to me." Jonghyun said impatiently.

"Jonghyun, you have to look for a noble, someone who works for the King."

"Why?" The prince asked.

"Listen, I remember something. When I found the woman, there was a keychain next to her, the one your father gives the nobles' family that works for him." Onew finally explained.

"But that doesn't mean anything. It was her keychain. She was the wife of Kim Jung Nam, a noble, remember?" [A/N In case you don't remember. Kim Jung Nam is Key's father]

"Yes, but there was a second keychain on the floor. It was lying in corner, but there was surely two keychain when I found her. That means another noble had been in that room and who else should it be, if not the murderer."

"Are you sure? Because we only found her keychain."

"I'm sure, Jonghyun." Onew said. "The murderer must had turned back for it when I was leaving to look for help."

---Flashback ended---

"But there are too many people with that keychain. I've never realized how many families got this keychain from your father." Minho said.

"Don't nag, Minho." Jonghyun said, hitting his friend's arm lightly.

"Said the person who has been dancing with countless beautiful girls the whole night." Minho said playfully.

"I was only checking them. I would never dance with them voluntarily. Don't you know how superficial they are?"

"So you're saying you didn't have fun?" Minho asked, smirking.

"Not at all." The prince answered. "But maybe you'll. Go, dance and have fun. I'll do the checking for the rest of the night."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I have enough of those annoying people. I'll just stay here." Jonghyun said, pushing the other boy upwards.

Minho shook his head, laughed at his hopeless friend. For a prince who was going to be the King one day, Jonghyun was to unfamiliar with all this royal activities. He liked a simple life better and was always friendly and polite to everyone, even to the lowest servants. That was actually what made Jonghyun so likeable.

Minho walked towards the young boy he had been watching for a few times earlier. He had checked everyone, yes, but somehow this boy had caught his attention. He was so shy, yet so cute. He had been standing here the whole night and hadn't dance with anybody, even though a lot of people had asked him to.

Minho took a deep breath and tried his luck.

"May I have this dance?" He asked politely, giving the boy his hand. The younger boy seemed to be too nervous, not knowing what to do.

"I...I'm sorry. I can't dance." He said quietly. His voice was so soft, too soft for a boy.

"I can show you. May I, please?" Minho asked again, smiling.

"Yes, but I'm a terrible student." The boy answered, taking Minho's hand.

"I'm sure you're not." Minho said, leading the boy to the dance floor.

"I'm Choi Minho. May I have the honor of knowing your name?" He asked.

"My name is Taemin, Lee Taemin."

"It's a beautiful name." Minho said and by that, he noticed Taemin's cute blushing. Never in his life has he seen such a cute boy. Taemin was even cuter and prettier than every girl in this hall.

Jonghyun smiled as he saw his friend dancing with an adorable boy.

"Minho, Minho. Always play the innocence one but has such a good taste." He murmured.

Then suddenly, the prince noticed a suspicious person who had arrived with the waiters, but immediately separated from them as soon as he got in. The person had been looking around, checking the hall and was now about to leave. Jonghyun's eyes lit up as he walked towards that person, blocking the way.

"Where are you going?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

About an hour ago, Kibum appeared at the castle, but he couldn't get in. The guards hadn't let him in, since according to them, who dressed simply like Kibum would never be a noble, so he wasn't invited.
The poor boy was standing outside over 30 minutes, looking for a way to get in, as he noticed a group of servants going inside. Quickly, he ran after them, acting like he was talking to one of them as they walked by the guards, getting into the castle. Kibum breathed out when he was finally inside. Following the servants; he found himself in the ball hall.

When he was about to leave the huge hall, his eyes widened in shock. Sulli and Hyun Jung were walking towards him. Did they see him? They would kill him if they found him here. He panicked.

Then suddenly, he saw Taemin standing before them, blocking their views. He said something to them that caused them to turn around and walked in another direction.

Kibum placed his hand on his chest, breathing out. He formed the word "Thank you" with his lips to Taemin, who was smiling at him, before leaving with his mother and sister.

---Flashback---
"What have I done to you, Taemin? What did I do wrong?" Kibum said, throwing the dish full of lentils and ashes against the wall as tears ran down his pretty face.

Suddenly, he saw something shining under the ashes. It was a key. Kibum quickly took it and tried to open the door. The door opened. It was the right key, but how come that it was in the dish?

At that second, Kibum remembered what Taemin did a few minutes ago. Did he do all that to give Kibum the key? His stepbrother who had ignored him for years, Lee Taemin had helped him?
Then Kibum found a small piece of paper in which stood: "I prepared a simple outfit for you. It's in my room, under my bed. Sorry I couldn't find something better than it. But please go out and have fun. Minnie."

Reading that, tears unknowing flowed down Key's cheek. He used to call Taemin Minnie when they were young. He thought the other boy had forgotten about it. Yet, it seemed like he hadn't. Knowing that Taemin was still the same warm hearted and helpful boy warmed up Kibum's heart. Yet, why had Taemin acted so different the last few years?
---Flashback ended---

As soon as his stepmother and the twins went to the other side of the hall, Kibum turned around to left the ball too. Well, that was actually what he had planned to do, if he hadn't bumped into a handsome boy who was accidentally blocking his way.

"Where are you going?" The boy asked, smiling.

"Prince Jonghyun?" said Key in shock.

Please vote and comment, if you enjoy the story.