{ L e e T a e m i n }

[A/N] A very very short chapter since I'll go back to work tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy the chapter.

ANd please comment & vote. Pretty please *puppy eyes*

Kibum was kneeing on the cold floor to look under his bed. No rope. Where the hell was his rope? He knew exactly that he put it in his small commode. How could it be gone? He needed it to get out of his room through the window. He had heard Hyun Jung told Sulli that she would lock him up in oder to hinder him from attending the ball and he couldn't let her do this to him. He had to get into the castle.

He knew he was no angel. And he didn't expect anyone to think of his that way as well. Yet, for some reason they did. They would look at his in disbelief if he'd swear or if he'd just laugh too loud. No, he was no angel. He was just simply a quite boy who preferred to listen than to speak. He didn't mind people misunderstand him. He just didn't care about them at all.

The young boy sighed, stood up and almost fell on the floor again, but luckily he had made it to the bed. Feeling too dizzy to stand up again, so he just sat there, unmoving. His head hurt from the loud yelling of his stepmother and on top of that his stomach was hurt by the hunger he was having. His stepmother hadn't let him eat anything the whole day, since he was too late at the market and all the fishes were sold.
Kibum looked up as he heard his stepmother calling him loudly. Standing up quickly, he ran upstairs, finding her and his stepsiblings in the kitchen, well dressed.

"Here you are, finally. What do you eat that you're so slow? Oh wait, you ate nothing." Sulli said and laughed at her own good joke. Kibum rolled his eyes, ignoring his stepsister.

"You," He heard Hyun Jung called him, telling him to come closer. "Look at this."
Kibum came closer and saw a dish full of lentils in the ashes. I want you to pick the lentils out of ashes and it should be done when we're back or else you are going to sleep on the kitchen floor tonight."
Then she gave the twins the sign that they were leaving.
Kibum bit his lip, holding back the tears that were threatened to flow down. This woman never failed to make his life worse than it had already been.

"Wait, mother." Kibum looked up as he heard Taemin's voice. The younger boy went to the fireplace, picked up a full hand of ashes and went to Kibum. Taemin put the ashes on the dish, smirking.

"Have fun picking them out." He said. At the door, his mother and sister who were now smiled proudly at him.
Kibum took the dish and was about to go to his room as his stepmother slammed the door shut, locking it. They poor boy widened his eyes in shock, running to the closed door.

"What are you doing? Open the door." He yelled.

"You will stay here until we're back and don't waste your time looking for this." Hyun Jung said, showing Kibum the rope he had been looking for earlier. Then she threw it into a corner and went towards the front door. The boy let his body fall on the dirty floor, giving up, listening to the others' laughters as they left.

"Taemin-ah, what happened to you?" He murmured in a broken ton.

---Flashback---
The 10 years old Kibum was playing with his mother as a little young boy called him. The younger boy was standing next to a beautiful woman and a cute girl that looked exactly like him. The only difference was that the girl had long hair while the other boy had a short haircut.

"Key hyung," the younger waved at him cheerfully. Kibum looked at his mom, asking if he could play with his friend.

"Of course, go and have fun. I'll tell you when we go home." His mother said, smiling.
Kibum nodded and ran to the boy. He had missed his friend so much. His mom was busy, so she couldn't go to the castle with him. Therefore, he hadn't seen his little best friend for over a week.

"Taemin-ah" He called.

"Hyung, look, my mom gave me a new , isn't it cute?" Taemin showed Key his new toy proudly.

"It's so cute Taemin-ah," said Kibum before turning to the woman, bowed. "Good morning, Mrs. Lee."

"Good morning, Kibum," said Mrs. Lee, smiling at him friendly.
---Flashback ends---

Mrs. Lee? Right, that was his stepmother's name when Kibum first met her, before she married his father, the husband of her best friend.
When Kibum was still young, his mom went to the castle every day to bring his dad lunch and they often met Hyun Jung, together with Sulli and Taemin there. His mom had always let him play with the twins while she was talking to her best friend. She had told Kibum that Hyun Jung wasn't only her best friend. They had grown up together and used to be like sisters.
There had been a time, in which Kibum had understood why his mother liked Hyun Jung so much. His stepmother had been kind, friendly and really nice to him when he was still young. However, now he couldn't recognize his mom's best friend anymore, since she had turned into a complete monster. And not only Hyun Jung, but also his old friend, Taemin, had changed. After his mother's death, Taemin had stopped talking to him. They had been lived in the same house for over five years and the younger had never spoken to him, until today. Yet, all he had said were words that were like blades cutting Key's heart in pieces.

"What have I done to you, Taemin? What did I do wrong?" Kibum said, throwing the dish full of lentils and ashes against the wall as tears ran down his face.

[A/N] What do you think, is Taemin evil? or maybe not?
Taecifer oder Tae the bae? LOL