"Fucking bitch. She's going to collapse this building." 

Before she could even think they were all running. She heard loud banging behind her but she didn't look back. She was too scared to look back. Two of the figures led the way while one was behind her. Balthazar was at her side. 

"What about the other wolves?" 

"All out." A deep voice said from behind her. 

She felt relieved they were safe. They were innocent. It was the Clarissa that was bad and had corrupted the pack. They got through the front door as the roof caved in behind them. She turned to make sure the other figure got out. All she saw was blackness as she was grabbed. 

Her eyes opened seconds later. They were in clearing. The pack were scattered around. They looked confused and were chatting among themselves. She stood in the middle. Then she saw Balthazar being held by his collar and dangling off the ground by one the figures.

"Hey." She said as she went to help him but was held back by a hand around her stomach. 

She smelt a spicy scent, deep and dark one. She looked over her shoulder and saw the glowing amethyst eyes. He drew back his hood and she saw him. Rugged features and handsome. Black hair. She sensed something different about him. He wasn't werewolf, but something else. 

"He helped me. Please don't hurt him. No matter what he has done to you, please leave him alone. He protected me from Clarissa." She begged

Those eyes looked straight into hers. 

"Let him go Maverick." He seemed to be the leader of these three. 

Maverick dropped Balthazar. He landed on his knees. 

"Thanks old chap." 

She heard a growl come from Maverick. Balthazar just smiled at him. Does the man have a death wish?

"Balthazar." He looked to Skye. "Don't piss off the rescuers." 

He sighed and rolled his eyes as he stood up. "Okay." He sounded like a child. She shook her head. 

"Listen to her Balthazar because she is the only thing that is keeping you alive at this moment. I would be a good dog." The man behind her said as he released her. 

Balthazar growled at him and bared his teeth. 

"Settle down. Now what are we going to do about this pack?" She waved her hand around the clearing. 

"There alpha seems to be dealing with them." The man said from behind as he stepped up beside her and pointed. 

She saw a man going from person to person. He seemed to be checking on everybody. She felt relieved that they had someone. 

"Are they going to be okay?" She asked

"Yes." He said

She nodded her head and looked to him. 

"And who might you be?" She asked

"The Ancient." He said

She looked at him confused. 

"Sorry you're new to this. That is the name people fear in the paranormal world. Tor, Tor Sinclair." He held his hand out as he spoke.

She took it and shook it. 

"Skye Mason. But you probably know that." She said with a little laugh.

He smiled and nodded his head. "Yes my dear I did." 

"So why are you rescuing me?" She asked

"Because my adopted daughter asked me." He said

"Daughter?" 

"My daughter is Charlotte. Your mother in law." 

"Oh. But Charlotte is a wolf and you're not." She said

He laughed. "Very true. Charlotte was like you. Human until she founded her mates. I'm a vampire." 

Vampire. Another thing to add to the paranormal list. 

"Vampire." 

"Vampire." He said as he nodded his head. 

She nodded hers. "Okay, I think I need to sit down." 

He grabbed her as her knees buckled and helped her sit on the ground. 

"Nathair, water." Tor said to the other figure. 

A bottle appeared in front of her. She took it from Nathair. 

"Thanks." She said

He nodded and she had a drink. She noticed the pack leaving. Closed her eyes. 

"What about Clarissa?" She asked

"The witch is regrouping." 

"She wanted to torture Hunter with the knowledge that she had our child. She has also sped my birth along. I'm about the size of six months." She looked down at her stomach and rubbed it. 

Tor hand touched her stomach. She looked up at him.

"That is my great grandchild. I will protect that baby. No one messes with my family. I know she has stolen time from you. But what matters are your safety and its safety." 

She nodded her head. 

"Come on we shoulder leave her. Your mate has been through enough hardship without spending more time away from you." 

Hunt. All the agony he suffered in her absence. 

"Please take me to him." She said as he helped her up.

"Of course little one." 

~*~*~

"They're got her." Charlotte said as she burst into the room.

Hunter looked up from the flames of the fire and to his mother. Her face looked so happy. She was crying with happiness. He stood up quickly.

"Skye." He said

"Yes my son. They have Skye. She is well and they are on their way." She took his face in her hands. "They have your beautiful Skye and the baby is safe also." 

He felt the tears slip down his cheeks as his familiar surrounded him. His Skye was coming home. He slowly started feeling their connection again. Skye.