7

James pov

Just after Lily said that I had that huge urge to facepalm. Why you ask? because we are stuck with the military's until further notice. What if he's being detested or maybe he's now a fugiti- "Hatschu!" v...

I hear a 'Woah' and 'Jamie that's so cute' from Keith and Lily. So I look up and see Keith snickering and Lily cooing at me and Ben looks like he's about coo me like Lily... That's concerning.

"What?" I asked and Ben turned around while Lily and Keith answered at the same time:

""You Kitten sneezed""  they seemed to do that a lot lately, the talking at the same time I mean, it starts to get a little creepy.

And to add my discomfort I had the feeling this whole time that someone is listening to our conversation excluding the people in this car.

Not soon after we arrived at our for the night camp, I noticed that the other party wasn't as hostile as when we first talked or in the car.'wonder why?' And with with Lily in my arms and beside me while Maik plays with a scull that we found in the mall on my other said.

Then I hear someone approaching as we enter and I turn to se-

A literal sex God. The man in front me is about 1,90 m tall with sharp cheekbones that could cut. And cold beautiful silver Phoenix eyes and beautiful black hair... and he's fit, I can see his muscles under that shirt.

Noticing me staring at something Lily turned around suddenly exclaimed.

"Brother!"

Bringing me to the awareness that I'm staring I turn to Keith but not before letting Lily one the ground. And that has nothing to do with the reason my face feels hot. Nope!

I bring myself to turn around and see him hugging Lily as she sobs in his shirt and he let's a stray teat fall from his eyes as he holds her. Seeing a complex emotion mixed with sadness, happiness and other emotions I can't decipher.

As I smile a sad smile at the duo. Keith takes my hand and leans in my side and grins at them.  'Ack! What the heck! you mutt!' and that's the voice of Ben, seems like Mike had to take a shit.

I feel a gaze at me since I spaced out there for a minute, and look at Adrian who is judging me up and down, which by the way didn't go unnoticed as Keith glares at him, but Lily takes me by the hand and drags me to him.

"Hello I'm Adrian Wattson, Thank you for bringing my sister back" he says with a deep voice.

"James"

"And It's no trouble, but I would request that after this-" I make gesture with my hands "That we would be able to stay in contact." To prove my point Mike cuddles himself in Lilys side protectivly.

Adrian is hesitating but one look at the puppy eyes of mine, mikes and Lilys. He agreed. And we silently cheered. The end of the day we spend catching up and resting.

The rest of our way to the safe zone was without problems, we found out that Ben is the childhood friend of Adrian and they told us about the safety protocols in this city. But honestly I'm a bit miffed that still don't trust me after all everyone expect Ben, Keith and Lily are staring at me to often. Hah.. Why are they so suspicious? Cause I totally get it that I am a stranger, but I am a bit hurt I at least expected to get a bit of trust from Adrian since I bought Lily back to him. But maybe that's a bit naive of me. (Author: did I make him really that dense (¬_¬)? )

________________

As we drive through the gates of the base, I watch in awe how strict the rules are. We had to be first inspected of injuries and after that for abilities. That was when we revealed Lilys wind powers, not that we were hiding them. And I registered as a wind ability user, since I'd use them the most.

And as we enter the safe zone, after being inspected, I realised something very important.

We don't have a place to stay. Now that I'm thinking about, when I first came into this world my purpose was to just travel a bit and to mess with people.

Now that I am here, I wanted to bring Lily home or take her with me in case her brother is dead. I never thought about what to do after we enter the base, since until now we just used the empty place of death people to sleep in.

"What's wrong James?" I hear Keiths voice say beside me and turn to him.
Keith looks worried, so I must have made gloomy expression which got the attention of Lily (And Adrian but he doesn't know that)

"I didn't think about a place to stay" I say truthfully and Keith had that face that says he didn't thought about it too  and I sigh remorseful.

"If you like you could spend the night at the military base." A voice startled me from behind and I see Adrian chuckling at me since I flinched from his sudden appearance.

"Really!" Shouts Keith in excitement and Lily nods in approvingly manner.

"We be the your guests" I reply and for some reason when I see his smirk I felt shiver going down my spine.

A new chapter! YAY!