"Um, the chicken is almost done"The Cullen mother spoke, pulling Margo out of her thoughts and towards the woman who stood by the stove.

"I think Im going to give Margo the official house tour" Edward said, his one hand locked with Margo's while the other laid on her back, his eyes going wide at his parents before the two of them walked away; the faint shouting of an excited Alice making Margo more nervous by the second.

"What are these? Graduation caps?"Margo asked as the two of them walked up the stairs, her body less riddled with anxiety.

"Yeah, it's a joke. We move around a lot, which means a lot of high schools, a lot of graduations"

"How old are you?"Margo asked, her eyes wide as she looked at him, only making him smile.

"108"

"Is this even legal?"Margo asked, earning another deep belly laugh as he nodded his head.

"Does it ever get repetitive?"Margo asked, the two of them leaning against the wall as their hands sat softly in one another.

"It does. Its easier for Alice and Rose, they've got someone. It's a little harder for me and Kian"Edward told her, making her frown at him.

"Well, Im here. You don't have to be alone" Margo told him, squeezing his cold hand as she nodded his head and smiled.

"Well, show me the rest" Margo said, snapping back to her more formal side as she watched Edward lead her up the stairs.

"This is my room" Edward said, watching as Margo's eyes went wide.

"Can I?"Margo asked, gesturing to his room. Letting go of his hand, Margo watched as he nodded his head, giving her permission to enter his personal space.

"No bed?"

"We um, we don't sleep"Edward told her, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly as Margo nodded her head, trying to take it all in.

"It's nice, but we will have to do some cleaning- maybe buy a laundry basket or two"

"That can be arranged"

"Its a date then"Margo beamed as her eyes drifted towards his music collection.

"This is my favourite song"Margo told him, pulling out the white vinyl cover of 'here comes the sun'.

"It was a huge hit when it came out. I use to play it all the time"Edward told her, making her nodd her head as she placed it back in the hole it came from.

"Oh my god" Margo said, turning around to face him as her eyes as wide as they were when they entered the room.

"You've been around for so much. The roaring twenties, two world wars. Oh my god, you were alive when Hitler was alive. Did you meet him? Oh my god"

"I was, but no, I didn't meet him"

"So, Ive got some questions" Margo told him, pulling out a small folded up piece of paper from her yellow coat pocket as she sat down on his white couch; moving some books out of the way.

"Ask away" Edward approved, leaning against his floor to ceiling white bookshelf.

"Garlic?"

"Myth"

"Mirrors?"

"I can see myself"

"Human blood?"

"That's complicated. Some of our kind do, my family survives on animal blood" Edward said, the tone becoming more serious as he watched Margo go completely still for a second.

"So, no human food at all?"

"No, it makes us sick"

"Hence the kitchen never in use" Margo said, nodding her head along to her own words like she was trying to piece everything together.

"Margo?Do you trust me?"Edward questioned, sticking out his hand for her as he moved closer.

"Yes" Her voice was firm and positive. There wasn't an ounce of question in her voice, her eyes didn't seem unsure or regretful; she believed her words with everything in her.

"Dinner!"The loud call from Esme made Edward close his mouth, smiling at Margo who's eyes were locked with the window, watching as the rain went pitter patter on the cool glass.

"We shouldn't keep her waiting. I want her to like me"Margo told him, taking his hand back in hers and leading him towards the staircase.

"Please thank Mrs.Cullen again for me"Margo reminded Edward as the two of them walked up to her front door. The sun had set over the clouds, the sky pitch black as nothing but the lights by the garage door lighting up the driveway.

"I will, but you don't have to worry about impressing her. She loved you, everyone did"Edward told her, their hands finding a way back to one another as they had all night.

"Can I ask one more question?"Margo asked as they reached the top step before the porch.

"You can always ask me anything Margo Baker"Edward told her, watching as her eyes flicked to his before going back to his shoulder. The action made Edward smile slightly, she'd been trying all day to make more eye contact with people. It was the little things like this that showed Edward she was beginning to care for him the way he cared for her.

"Why me? I don't get it. There are so many people at our school, even Bella for the sake of an argument. You picked me, and all my issues that come along, it doesn't make sense"Margo told him, this time refusing to allow her eyes to come up for even a second.

"I know how difficult it is for you. I know it hurts when you miss a joke, or when you can't make eye contact in the times you wish you could. Or the times when you watch the world around you and feel broken or simply just not right. Or when you wish you could say something but feel like you can't. I know how scared you are of being alone but yet you're lonely and feel it can't be any different. So I guess this is my promise to you. I promise to tell you when it's a joke, so you never miss another one. I promise to continuously tell you how incredible and breathtakingly special you are. I promise to help you say the things you can't, and I promise you'll never have to be alone again because I'm not going anywhere. There was never a "I picked you". I saw you, and I just knew you were the one. I've never been more sure of anything in my life"

"Can I try something?"Margo asked, the question slightly throwing the taller off but he nodded his head anyway. Margo Awkwardly moved closer to him, her body now touching his as she closed her eyes, the boy following suit. Edward could feel her warm breath hit his face: and before he even knew it- her lips were on his.

Moving his marble hands to her waist, the kiss only lasted a few seconds before Margo pulled away; both of them breathless.

"Well. Thanks! Goodnight" Margo said, her words rushed as she pulled away and left Edward standing on her front porch alone, the slam of their heavy wooden front door snapping him away from his day dream.

Today was overwhelmingly long for Margo, but as tired as she was, for a second she felt normal. She'd never felt that, not for one second in her 17 years of life.
It was that night Margo came to one conclusion; Edward was the best thing thats ever happened to her.

MEDWARD