eighteen

-Title: The beginning of the End-

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

The sound of hospital machines were a sound that Margo knew all too well, so when she finally opened her eyes and was met with the harsh and bleach white lights of the hospital; she wasn't surprised. She felt the warmth of someone's hands, immediately making her heart rate pick up as she knew it wasn't Edward.

"Hey, its just me" Owen said, making Margo roll her head to the side, causing her to wince a little, their eyes meeting.

"Edward?Where is he"Margo asked, causing her bothers eyebrows to scrunch up.

"I, um, well"Owen said, scratching the back of his neck as he looked at her.

"I decided, that um, the two of you needed some, um, space after all of this"

"Space?What is space?"Margo asked, her voice getting louder as she began to become upset.

"Margo, he's putting you in danger"

"No, Edward fought to keep me out of danger, I went to follow Bella, she was upset and Edward asked me to stay because I didn't know the area, but I didn't want her out alone, so I went with her"Everything Margo said were the facts of the situation, just spun a little differently, it was the first time Margo had ever lied, it felt wrong, but Edward had made it clear, that no one could ever know about the secrets he had told her in the forest.

"You and Edward are on the same side, he protects me, helps me with things that 'normal' people don't even think twice about, Im a woman of few personal words, yet he knows me as well as you do"Margo told him, feeling better that everything said last was truthful and honest, and it was the look in Margo's eyes that made him know, everything that had happened to Margo was spite of Edwards efforts.

"Give me a second" Owen said, raising his pointer finger before walking out of the hospital room. The brother walked into the hall, watching as Edwards head snapped up. The teenage boy had sat in the same spot day in and day out, even when every pleading request to see her and sit with her until Margo woke up was denied.

"Margo has made it very clear that none of this was your fault, not that she's really given me much of a chance, sometimes she can be stubborn"Owen laughed, shaking his head while he looked down at his feet for a second.

"Look, Margo is the only family I have left, seeing her like this, the entire drive to the hospital all I could hear was you saying 'its bad'. While I appreciate the honesty, I also know that I never worried about her life or death before you. I freaked out, Im sorry, but she's my family" Owen spoke, Edwards eyes never leaving his the whole time.

"She's my family too, I, um, I love her, and there isn't anything I wouldn't do to protect her. If I had known she would have gotten hurt like this, I would have stopped her from going, I mean, I did try too, but like you said, once Margo makes her mind up, its hard to change it"By this point Edward was just rambling, and while Owen found it funny, he was going to put the poor kid out of his misery.

"You can go see her, she's awake and asking for you" Owen smiled, making Edward send a look to his father and mother who sat on the chairs next to him, everyday, waiting for Margo to wake up.

Edward held a breath he didn't need to, before exhaling and opening up her hospital room door. He'd been dying these last 17 hours, waiting for her to wake up, even after the devastating words that Owen had said to him when he arrived half way through the night.

"I don't know what the hell is going on, but this isn't the first time Margo has done something so uncharacteristically her since the two of you started, whatever this is. She's gone through two much for you to ruin her life. Im calling this"Owen spoke, tears in his eyes as his eyes never left his sisters body in the hospital bed.

"First a van, then her skipping school, then, then her falling down the stairs because she was with Bella in another state? It all leads back to you"

Margo's eyes went up towards Edwards nose as he walked into her hospital room, both of them feeling some sort of relief as they were soon sucked into the presence of one another. Grabbing the seat next to the bed and bringing it closer, the boy sat down on the chair, his hand hovering over top of hers while their eyes met. It was his way of asking permission, something he did every single time he wanted to hold her hand, and if she said no, then his hand went in his pocket. Never, ever, did he want to be the reason Margo was uncomfortable. When she nodded her head, Edward slowly placed his hand on top of hers.

"How is Bella?I don't know what they know, Im so confused. This is hard Edward, I didn't ask for this"Margo was deeply upset as tears filled in her eyes. She had never lied to Owen before, she'd never been a good liar before either, she'd actually read up on it, because she knew these secrets weren't ones that could be going around.

"I know, Im sorry. Some of us are causing others a lot of problems right now"Edward spoke, feeling himself begin to get angry as he looked at the state Margo was in. There was a lot of blame towards Bella and Kian for all of this, and while a rational side of Edward was no where to be found, he was going to stick with that blame and anger.

"If it's me, you can just tell me"Margo said, feeling certain emotions build up inside her, filling her glass more and more with each second before she was eventually going to break. Again, Edward was sure he stone heart was crumbling right now, he could feel the sadness radiate off her, even if she couldn't.

"Nonono, not you"Edward rushed out, meeting her eyes for just a second before she looked back down at her lap, both hands now placed held together in the middle of her lap, her thumb nail digging into the skin from the other hand; a bad habit she had been doing since she was six.

"Im upset that Bella put you in this situation, Im upset that I couldn't get there before you were hurt. I failed to protect you"

"Thats a lot of feelings at once, I don't know how you do it"Margo stated, her tone very neutral, not showing the 108 year old vampire any signs of understanding, or anger.

"You need to stop being mad at Bella. I chose to go, I do actually make choices for myself. If roles were reversed, you wouldn't have let me go alone, would you?"

"No"Edward said, shifting in his chair slightly uncomfortably while looking at his own lap for a change.

"So then why would I have let Bella go alone?"

"That is very different Margo"

"Why?"

"Because I love you!It's, it's just different"

Margo looked at him with wide eyes,

That was the day Edward Cullen said those three little words.

___

It's short, but the final chapter of 'twilight' is already in the works, and I think it's perfectly Margo.

Since the beginning of this story, there has been two main questions:
1)How do I write new moon?
2)How does it work so that she doesn't have to leave Owen in the end?

Well, we have a long ways until that final question, but new moon has been planned since the first chapter, and I think it is going to be a perfect Medward twist compared to the original! Don't be as scared as you think you should be!

Published: 28/03/2021
Edited:
(I'm going through and editing each chapter, starting from the beginning!)