Chapter 6: Strange

It was the end of school and the losers club empty their backpacks. Richie makes his remarks about how the feeling of emptying your books is the same as tickling your pickle for the first time. Beverly told her plans after school and wanted them to come with her. A few minutes go by and Bill opened up with,

"Beverly?"

"Hm?" She responds.

"Why a-are we here again?" He questioned

"She found a kid on the other side of the country and trying to get them out of the border." Richie joked

"Beep b-beep Richie.." Bill says in defense of Beverly.

"Wanna say that again b-b-b-billy?" Richie said back, making fun of his stuttering.

"Guys! please." Beverly pleaded. 

"That is a good question, why are we here?" Stan wondered.

"I met this girl who was getting bullied, I just wanted to see if she was okay," Beverly answered.

"Soo.. what?" Eddie was confused.

"Can I care about other people, Eds?" She justified.

"You only care about Pablo because of his sick mustache" Richie was interpreted by Beverly, Bill, Stan, And Eddie who screamed "RICHIE!" 

Beverly rolled her eyes and shook her head as the boys argued. For what seemed like minutes later, Beverly finally saw her. She ran up to the kid, saying "Hey!" In a friendly tone. The kid looked up at Beverly and smiled. She hugged Beverly then breaking the hug.

"Thank you for standing up for me, Ms." She smiled. It warmed Beverly's heart to hear that sentence. 

"No problem, you let me know when they pick on you again, Okay?" Beverly said, reassuring that she'll always be here. The girl nodded,

"Wheres your ride?" Beverly asked, looking at the cars driving by.

"Huh? oh no, I ride on my bike home" She said.

Beverly couldn't piece together as to why any parent would let their very young child ride their bike to school. 

"You want us to come with you just to make sure you're safe?" Beverly questioned

"No, I'm fine, thanks anyway Ms." She declined, grabbing her bike and getting on. "Oh and uh... My name Is rose." She smiled at Beverly

"See you later, Rose," Beverly said goodbye, waving as she rode her bike away.

Beverly was still thinking about her parents and their thinking process. Maybe she just lives close to school? She didn't know. Beverly walked back to her friends, grabbed her bike, and rode away without another word. The boys were confused by her quietness as she left, but Bill was the most worried. 

A few minutes go by and the boys rode to their own houses. Bill was listening to the conversation that Beverly and "Rose" had. Bill didn't like her. He didn't know why, but something about Rose rubbed him the wrong way. That night he felt that awful feeling, whenever Bill looked at Rose, It felt exactly like that. It just felt Strange...