Chapter 1: Alone

It was 1988, about to be 1989. It was New Years Eve, about to be New Years. Bottles cracking, cars smashing thanks to drunk teens, everything was going great for New Years. Or, at least that's what IT thought New Years was. IT had been awoken last year, IT thought (if IT was lucky), they would be awake for 2 more years before going back to ITs slumber. For an immortal alien demon that has millions of options, IT sure doesn't use them well. For as long as IT can remember, they've been here since 1715 (that's when IT painfully has awoken for the first time anyway) which means they've been awake for 273--about to be 274 years!

IT was in their sewer, not very hungry; just been eating some delicious child's arm, ITs favorite. They were doing dancing practices, ITs arms mimicking wings; similar to a ballerina. IT was trying to focus on ITs practices as a calming mechanism. IT took a deep breath and right as they were going to burst into a full dance, they fell to the ground after a loud bang outside ITs sewer. Angered, IT looks above ITs trash tower and see's fireworks going off through the bars. IT once again took a deep breath and got off their stage, exiting out of ITs lair to any of the sewer drains. Once IT found a sewer drain to peak out of, they squeezed their head and torso out the drain. IT looked at the fireworks and how colorful they were sparkled in ITs eyes, attracting IT. But it was not to last, as IT heard a bottle smashing against a porch-- ITs head swung to listen where the sound came from and it was right in front of IT. A couple, man and woman; they yelled on the top of their lungs "Happy New Years!" Smashing frying pans and other kitchen objects together, making as much noise as humanly possible. After the couple yelled their "New Years", they kissed into each other's smiles. IT looked at them and awed, but, IT couldn't help but feel...Alone.

Sorrowed, IT squeezed themselves outside the sewer drain.

As the grey water pasted by; IT looked at ITs hand, clenching it into a fist. IT knew IT would never find what those couple had. Love. IT thought to itself, "I'm a monster, end of".

 IT thought to itself, "I'm a monster, end of"

Angered, IT walked back to their lair and smashed the door behind IT

Angered, IT walked back to their lair and smashed the door behind IT. Sitting in the middle of ITs stage, closing ITs eyes and waited for the fireworks to stop; A few hours later and they did. IT was deep in thought, but most of the things IT was thinking of happened to be rather or not IT will ever find love. It got to a point where IT opened their eyes in frustration, standing up and going behind ITs stage where a bed could be found. IT laid down trying to relive the stress but to no avail.

IT has been alone for 274 years and still counting...