Chapter Eleven: Team RWBY Meets International Rescue

Start from the beginning

The VTOL engines keep Thunderbird One airborne as it slows down to a hover by an open area clear of fire, but not too far away. The swing wings deploy from either side of TB1, as the landing legs deploy from under the wings. The cross section on the ship turns, forming the 'X' shape in a matter of seconds, as small landing pads deploy from the two bottom parts of the 'X'. The VTOL engines fire again, and Thunderbird One starts to lower in altitude, floating down to the ground. Finally, it makes a soft landing on the ground below, the engines winding down.

Thunderbird Two begins its landing procedure just a few metres away from TB1. The four VTOL engines fire up at once, a cloud of smoke being created from the four VTOL engines, and the craft soon comes to a gentle landing on the ground, while the engines wind down and stop.

Braedey takes the straps off his harness, and rolled his shoulders. "Thunderbird Two from Thunderbird One. We have to create a perimeter to block the forest fire from advancing." He reported in. "Rin, you start with the Firefly, and push back some of the trees away from the nearby flames. I'll dig a trench any trees to fall into in case they do with the Firestorm Armour. Owen, you ride alongside Rin in the Firefly."

"F.A.B." Owen calls in on the Comms, as Rin goes off into the Pod. "Unloading the Pod, and prepping the Firefly." He added.

A few seconds later, Thunderbird 2's main body soon begins to rise up off the ground on its four telescopic legs, reaching full height, while Pod 3 remains down on the ground. A few seconds later, the ramp next lowers to the ground, while inside the Pod is International Rescue's firefighting machines.

The Firefly. It is a dual-purpose fire-fighting and debris-clearance vehicle. The vehicle is 150ft long, with a body width of 30ft, the front shield and dozer blade being 60ft and mounted on hydraulic arms, so it can be raised or lowered. It's has a compact 800bhp power plant, and weighs 56 tonnes. the craft runs on heavily modified fireproof tank treads. The Firefly's forward-mounted shield is constructed of Cahelium Extract-X, providing heat protection from intense temperatures and resilient dozer-blade capability. The shield allows access for the barrel of a heavy-duty gun armed with nitroglycerine shells. These can snuff out otherwise-uncontrollable fires, and for major debris clearance. Rear-mounted water and foam dispensers can be used for vehicle-cooling purposes, and for blaze control.

"Thunderbird One from Firefly." Rin reports in, her and Owen now wearing fireproof suits in case. "I'm ready on your signal." She starts up the Firefly's engine, and prepares to drive out of the Pod.

"Best you move on in, Firefly." Braedey replies back. "I'm heading off to create the new trench." He now disembarks from Thunderbird One, now donned in the Firestorm Armour, his blue HUD armed and ready for action, as he runs towards the burning forest. "Firestorm is go."

The Firestorm takes to the skies, as the Firefly begins to drive out of Thunderbird Two's Pod, heading off towards the blazing inferno

The Firestorm takes to the skies, as the Firefly begins to drive out of Thunderbird Two's Pod, heading off towards the blazing inferno. Braedey starts to forge the large trench to begin with, tonnes of rock being thrown into the air, as a 5m deep and 5m wide trench is forged in only a few moments. With the Firefly, the tracked vehicle starts to drive over to the centre of the fire, crossing over the trench, and starts to push down the trees, trying to drive the fire close together, so it can be extinguished.