Chapter 16 dark secret

WARNING THIS CHAPTER HOLDS A MAJOR SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED READING THE MANGA OR FINISHED WATCHING THE ANIME I  BEG OF YOU TO FINISH THAT FIRST BEFORE READING ANY FARTHER!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Jurri woke up to the smell pancakes and warm strawberry's she was taken back by the smell, she had not smelled warm strawberry since she was 6. Jurri opened her eyes and looked at her clock it was 6:00 pm, everyone should be awake by now. She slipped out of bed and walked down into the kitchen following the smell of warm strawberry. A memory flooded through her head, she was 6 and just woken up and walked into the kitchen to find her father cooking pancakes. Rido was so gentle with his daughter even tried to smile and be a happy couple around Shizuka.

Jurri entered the kitchen to see for a minute there what looked like her father but was actually Kaname. She rubbed her eyes and hit her self mentally of how Kaname's back head looks like her fathers. 'must be the hair she thought'.

“Good morning” Kaname said to her turning around with a plate of pancakes.

“Good morning, never thought I would see Kaname cooking breakfast for the house, normally Zero is the chef here” she said sitting at the island.

“Yes, well Zero had to leave early for a meeting with the hunters, he still has his duties as a vampire hunter you know” he said placing a plate of pancakes and strawberry in front of her.

“Thank you, by the way you should really get your hair trimmed” she said placing food in her mouth.

“Oh? Is it really that long” he asked fiddling with his hair.

“well” she took a pause hopping that she would not offend him with what she is about to say “I mean, from the back of your head you looked like my father, no offense”.

“Hm, well then Ill ask Ichijou to help me with my hair the” Jurri took a sigh of relief she knew Kaname and her father hated each other so she was glad that Kaname didn't explode on her.

“Do you and Yuki have any plans for today?” Jurri asked looking up at Kaname.

“I was thinking of something in the gardens, why did you plan something as well?” kaname asked looking at her.

Jurri shook her head no “I was just wondering” was she said as the ate in silence. The two could not yet speak to each like how Jurri speaks with Zero or Yuki. The two are not that close, Jurri keeps her distance because she knows Kaname is weary of her being the daughter of two very powerful purebloods, and Kaname keeps his distance due to the fact that he IS weary of her.

The mansion would normally hold parties for days however these past few weeks it was quiet. You could only here soft talking in every other room. Everyone would wake up around 6-6:30 pm they would eat breakfast in the kitchen at the island. Then coming lunch time they would eat sandwiches and have tea in the garden then coming dinner time they would all sit in the dining room that could hold up to 14 people.

Sometimes mostly weekends when the girls are not studying they would gather in one of the bigger living areas and watch a movie all together or play games. Kaname may not be very social with Jurri but he was grateful, because of her Yuki was happy. Kaname could give anything to her, the world if she wanted it but there was something he couldn't give her, but that Jurri could. Jurri gave Yuki a chance to be around family there has yet to be a day where Yuki frowned or was sadden by anything.

Jurri sat in her fathers study sitting in his chair looking out the window that looked over the garden. She watched as Ruka fought again with Hanabusa and Akatuski trying to break it up once again.

“Are they a bother?” Jurri looked over and saw Kaname standing at the door way.

“You don't need to worry about them, there little fights are always harmless, not only that but its good to know that there are voices in this mansion.” Jurri said smiling over at him.

“You know, I never got the chance to thank you” Kaname said walking over to her leaning on the window.

“For what?” she asked looking at him curiously.

“For letting us stay here, if it was just me and Yuki she would have grown sad and lonely even with me around” he said looking out the window.

“Actually I should also be thanking you, the same goes for me and my brother sadly. When we were kids it was just the four of us in this big place. When we were kids were never lonely the littlest thing could have entertained us. But now that were older it would have been too quiet for us. I was even going to plan us moving into an apartment in town. This place would have been too big with just the two of us.” she said with a sad smile across her face. Kaname looked at her with sympathetic eyes, he pulled out a chair from one of the tables in the room and sat in front of Jurri. “When both my parents died and gone I started to understand the word grieving, it was just me in this big mansion for the longest of time, sometimes I would sleep in my fathers bed for one night then in my mothers in the second. Just so every night I could smell there scent before going to bed and dream about them being with me again.” tears started to develop in her eyes, kaname took out his handkerchief and handed it to her.

“I think now I understand you a little bit better” he said looking into her eyes, Kaname now understands that they both are the same they both had that one point in there life were they felt truly alone.

“When do you plan on telling her?” Jurri asked looking out the window to see Yuki joining Hanabusa and the others In the garden. Kaname looked at her squinting his eyes at her trying to figure out what she is getting at.

“What do you mean?”

“When being alone for so many years in this mansion I had many chances to walk around and discover this family's secrets” she reached over to one of the doors in the desk and pulled out a red journal and handed it to Kaname. “The page is marked” she said looking at him.

Kaname opened the book to marked page and saw a very familiar date and a very familiar hand writing style. Kaname's eyes slowly began to become bigger as he read farther. He looked up at Jurri with a now serious but sadden look. Jurri has found out his biggest secret, that Kaname is not Yuki's real brother but instead the Kuran's family ancestor.

There was a sudden knock at the door the two quickly looked up to see Senri “we have visitor” was all he said and moved out of the way for Jurri and Kaname to see Isaya.