Chapter.22 It's Okay

"What?" Kaname said to himself reading the serving of some cookies Yuki bought and bragged about. "Only 2 cookies?" He glared at the number, "I am 10,000 plus years old, and never have I seen such a ridiculous notion" he said putting in his 4th cookie.

"You okay there Kaname?" Jurri asked walking into the kitchen putting on her jacket.

"I am fine, where are you going?" He asked noticing she is wearing a dress, Kaname took note a while back that Jurri didn't like to be in dresses like Yuki so it was normally forced to make her wear a dress.

"I am going to go visit Ichiru with Zero today." She said sitting herself down on the bar stool.

Kaname looked at her for a moment then finally spoke "Are you scared?" he asked turning himself to her.

"Nervous, I don't know how I will react when I get there, probably will cry" she said laughing lightly.

Kaname sat himself next Jurri and placed his hand on hers, "I want you to listen to what I have to say Jurri ." He began, looking at her.

"W-what is it?"

"I am sure that Isaya has already told you this, but I am going to tell you the same thing I told Yuki." He said having Jurri face him, "You don't need to hold back Jurri, I am the head of the family and I have to deal with the vampire society, so the burden of having to not show any emotion is only placed on me. Not you, not Yuki, not Senri, not even Zero. You can go ahead and cry and be the free bird that you are and live your life freely. I am the one that needs to protect this family" He said holding Jurri's hand tighter. For the first time Jurri looked into Kaname's eyes and smiled at him, and he too returned the smile.

"Maybe one day, all of us can be free?" She said placing a hand on Kaname's cheek. How he wished for those words to become true. He held on to Jurri's hand softly and smiled 'now I understand what Yuki was telling me, She really is different from her parents such a big heart, must be a female Kuran family thing.

"Jurri, are you ready to go?" Zero shouted from the hall.

"yeah, I am in here!" Jurri shouted back as she let go of Kaname walking over to Zero.

"Kaname" Zero said greeting him.

"Zero" Kaname doing the same. The relationship between the two has become less strained though they are still not particularly close friends.

"I picked some flowers from the garden for him" Jurri said showing the red roses to Zero.

"Why red?"

"He liked red roses" Jurri said smelling the petals. Zero smiled at Jurri warmly saving this precious moment.

"Well then lets go" Zero said stepping to the side to let Jurri through "ladies first" he said. she smiled and walked out.

"Zero" Kaname called.

"What is it?"

"Do you have a handkerchief?" kaname asked.

"No, why? do you need one?" Zero asked teasingly.

"Hahaha" Kaname said with an annoyed smile and handed Zero a handkerchief "Here, for Jurri".

Zero smiled down at the fabric in his hands and looked up at Kaname "Thank you", he said walking out following Jurri.

Hope you guys liked this chapter, I wanted to have Kaname and Jurri know each other better in this chapter. Please comment and fave! (Updates are every Monday!)