Pinwheel and Dead Leaves

What is it with 2016 that spun me like a pinwheel, and then left me like what I am, a paper skinned skeleton with a pin to hold my light head, my orange colored hopes, to my white spine of fearful strength. I feel like I'm covered by dead leaves, as I lay here dreading the sky to fall, or as you said, for us to fall to that blue ocean and then finally to the dark infinite space outside our earth. Whenever someone passes by they would, for a while, hold my hand, no, grab my arm, and I'd see their smiling faces, so beautiful, so true, so frail, and some full of concerns and invisible tape. And I couldn't hold on because I'm one of these dead leaves, and they've got somewhere else to go. Somewhere there's someone vertical like them and walking and talking, and not gazing and tapping at the surface of the glass this life is shielded of.
You are, what... Where are we exactly? I'm waiting because you're the one who taught me to wonder. Or, finally, I'm waiting for myself to do something about it, so I can preserve your gift to me. To me, and I'd like to thank you.
Hoping the next year will bring more of the glad, and less of the sad, for all of us, for God's sake.