"So, how are you?" he asked with a smile.

"I," I said while typing, "am working on an eight-page essay."

"Sounds like a lot of fun."

"Oh, yeah," I laughed, "I'm having a blast."

Calum smiled at me. "You're going to be a great writer, Luke."

I smiled back at him. "Probably not, but I know you're going to be the greatest music teacher this world has ever seen."

I saw the blood coming onto Calum's cheeks, and I laughed. He started to pout, and I cooed at him. He called me an asshole, and I told him I loved him. This seemed like a very common conversation between Calum and I, but I loved the moment anyway.

"If things don't work out, I'll probably be an English teacher," I admitted. "And I'll fight anyone who uses 'cactuses' as a plural for 'cactus'."

Calum laughed. "Cactuses."

"No."

"Cactuses."

"Calum, I swear—"

"Cactuses."

"Calum, no—"

"CACTUSES."

"I will fly to Australia right now and kiss you to shut you up if I have to—"

"CACTUSES CACTUSES CACTUSES."

"BUT IT WAS NEVER AN ACCEPTABLE PLURAL AND NOW IT IS. I MEAN, WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"Whoa, calm down," Calum said with a laugh.

I took a deep breath, and I chuckled softly. "I love you," I breathed. "So much."

Then, Calum started to cry.

"Calum?!" I panicked. "Cal, why are you crying?"

"It's just that no one has ever liked me like this before!" Calum exclaimed. "And suddenly you come out of nowhere and treat me like a prince... I'm not good enough for you, Luke! And I'm crying because you make me so happy when I did nothing to deserve it."

"Calum..." I said softly. "I'm giving you my love willingly, because I want you to have it. You don't need to deserve love, because I want to give mine to you."

Calum continued to cry, but it softened a little bit. At this point, he was just sniffling and hiccupping.

"Calum, I'll be honest with you. I don't know if we'll last forever. Maybe something comes in the way, and we break up. Maybe we do last. Maybe we end up meeting in person, maybe get married and buy a house. I don't know what will happen in the future. What I do know is that right now, I am in love with you. I love you, Calum."

Calum smiled at me. "I love you more."

"No, you don't!"

"Yes, I do!"

"Lies."

"I don't lie."

"Fine."

"Hey, I'm going to show you a tour of my room, because why the hell not?"

I laughed. "Okay, then."

Calum moved his laptop around, and I saw his white bedroom walls. He had many posters on them (one of which I recognized as an All Time Low poster), and many pictures. Pictures of what, I wasn't sure, but the ratio between posters and pictures was almost 1 to 1.