Chapter 4: Don't Mix Fantasy With Reality

Start from the beginning

"Who the hell invited you into my house?" I glared angrily. My mom walked in and gave me a 'be nice' look. If you were wondering, my mother doesn't work for Kassy and her family anymore. Thank God. She got a better job as a manager at the restaurant Harry worked at.

"Uhh Harry," she stuttered slipping behind Harry. Honestly, with all the make-up she had on, she didn't need a mask. I glared at Harry as he chuckled nervously.

"Let's go before we are late!" Harry yelled before running down the stairs with Kassy trailing not too far behind. Louis and I laughed at their stupidity. I couldn't hurt a fly even if I wanted to, but they didn't know that.

"C'mon before they leave without us," Louis smiled. He slipped on his simple black eye mask and placed my red with black lace mask on my nose. Intertwining his fingers with mine, he guided me downstairs into the living room. My mom was teary eyed with a camera in hand. I felt my heart sink at her sadness. I ran up to her, crushing her into a hug.

"Mom, stop crying," I muffled into her shoulder. She pulled away and whipped her loose tears.

"Okay, okay. It's just you're growing up so fast!" She said laughing. This wasn't my typical mother. She's usually the one who encourages me to grow up, but tonight she's making an exception.

"Sorry mom," is all I could say.

"It's fine! Let me just take a picture before you guys go," she smiled, waving the camera over her head. Louis came beside me and wrapped his arm around my torso. We smiled towards my mother as she snapped a picture.

"Ah you both are so adorable! Have fun," my mom said hugging us before we left to the limo. Harry and Kassy were already inside talking.

"Took you long enough," Kassy muttered to herself. I sent her a sweet smile to piss her off. She rolled her eyes in annoyance turning back to Harry. Louis and I sat across from them in silence, just enjoying each other's company.

As we pulled up to Westminister Ballroom, we could hear music filling the atmosphere inside.

"My lady," Louis winked, holding his arm out for me to take. I giggled as he guided me up the front stairs to the main entrance. The lights maneuvered across the dance floor showing off everyone's costumes. I felt myself freeze as everyone's eyes met mine.

"What are they staring at?" I whispered to Louis.

"You," he whispered back. I turned back towards the audience, cheeks burning.

"Move!" Kassy hissed, pushing me out of her way. I stumbled into Louis' arms as Kassy strutted down the stairs with Harry shamefully following behind. This was going to be a long night for that curly-haired boy. Louis led me down the stairs and we both sat at a table in the corner.

"Let me get you something to drink," Louis offered. I nodded and sat patiently.

"Hello," I looked up to see a tall Blondie-haired boy in a black silk mask. Because his hair was spiked up, I knew instantly that it was Nick. Nick wasn't popular, but he wasn't an outsider either. All the girls loved him, but the boys hated his guts.

"Hi," I said quietly. He took a seat beside me and stared off to the dance floor, "Erm... Why are you sitting here?" I tried hard not to sound rude. He turned his attention to me and gave me a slight smirk.

"Because it's a free country sweetie," he winked. I rolled my eyes at his player ways. I looked up to see Louis walking towards me with drinks.

"Well if you'll excuse me," I said leaving quickly. I stumbled over towards Louis, turning him away from the table.