CHAPTER 10

After class ended, I gathered up my stuff and headed towards the door, noticing that all the boys seemed to be loitering around the entrance

After class ended, I gathered up my stuff and headed towards the door, noticing that all the boys seemed to be loitering around the entrance. I let out a long sigh, casting my eyes down as I walked towards them slowly.

"Blaire, eyes," Apple Jacks reprimanded me sternly.

I looked up, meeting his steely gaze with my own shaky one. "S-Sorry..." I forced my nerves down as I, in turn, met everyone's intense stares. "I'm not u-used to looking people i-in the eye."

I turned back to Apple Jacks just in time to see him turn his face to the side, his jaw ticking as he glared at the wall, mumbling under his breath. "Yeah. I know."

What does that mean? He can't possibly know about my life.

"So, Blaire," Cameron, as I now know his name, smiled brightly. His dark green eyes shining mischievously as he leaned in towards my face. I grew nervous as he grew closer, his smile only growing wider and wider as I stood stock still. "Wanna come have lunch with us?!" His smile exploded into a full out grin, showing off all of his pearly whites as he searched my face for any hint of a response.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. "U-um, I don't w-want to intrude or anything..." I trailed off as I inched my face away from Camerons', beginning to grow uncomfortable with the close proximity.

"Don't worry, you're not intruding." Tyler beamed, seeming to be slightly bouncing in place like a little kid. "We love having you around!"

"She doesn't have a choice either way, she's sitting with us and that's final." Apple Jacks spoke up, staring dead at me, seeming to be waiting for me to disagree.

"Great," Nova chimed in, walking over. His arm swinging over towards me so that he could wrap it around my shoulders.

Before I could process what he was actually meaning to do, I flipped. My body reacting on its own, my arms flying up towards my face as I threw myself backwards onto the tiled ground. My mouth was open in a silent scream, scared tears gathering along the brim of my eyelids.

"B-Blaire?" I glanced up, realization finally dawning on me as I looked up at a pained Nova. His arm was now limply hanging by his side as he stared down at me, his face shadowing over in hurt. "I-I wasn't going to hurt you..." His voice came out slightly strained as he took a step back towards Cameron who seemed to be dead of any emotion. I watched as Nova ran his hand through his golden locks, stressed as he turned his head away from me, staring over at the wall instead.

"N-Nova," panic grew in my chest as I reached up towards him, my throat squeezing shut as I tried to keep my tears at bay. "I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry, I-I d-didn't m-mean t-to!" My stuttering grew worse with every word as the heaviness set into my chest, my heart pounding in my ears as a couple of tears escaped, racing down my flaming cheeks.

"Hey, it's okay.... It's not your fault," Tyler kneeled down, slowly sliding over to me and wiping my tears away. Worry clouding his face as he brushed my warm skin with the pad of his thumb.

"How'd you get those bruises?" My head snapped up to see Cameron pointing down at my exposed skin. Instantly, I pulled my shirt down, clutching the heavy fabric in my shaking hands as I terrifyingly looked up at the boys. My already racing heart quickened and my head started to pound with my already scrambled emotions.

"Blaire, let me see," Apple Jacks stepped a bit closer, his eyes hardening as he neared me.

"N-no!" I flew sideways, slightly ramming into Tyler, who was still on the floor with me, as I tried to avoid Apple Jacks. "I-I just fell, i-its nothing."

"Blaire, that's bullshit and we both know it. But if you're actually telling us the truth then you wouldn't mind showing us those bruises again." He countered, his hands tightening into a fist as he seemed to glare down at me, his voice cold and sharp.

"Please... just leave it alone." I lowered my eyes towards the ground, my hold tightening around my shirt as I cowered behind the silent Tyler. That was the first time that I hadn't stuttered in their presence.

The boys all exchanged glances, seeming to talk to each other mentally. They all nodded before turning back to me.

"Okay Blaire, we'll let you keep this secret on one condition." Tyler spoke quietly as he looked me straight in the eyes, his floppy, dirty blonde, hair shadowing his bright baby blue eyes. "You have to tell us if someone hurts you, deal?" His eyes held a certain seriousness to them that I couldn't help but feel guilty.

I furrowed my brows as I cast my eyes down towards his spider bite piercing, watching how it caught the light and reflected back at me. I know that I won't be able to keep that promise but I just nodded anyway, hoping that they actually believed me so that they would stop prying. If they found out how bad my life really is then they'll turn tail and run. I actually enjoy their company... hopefully they will stop snooping and just let it be. I don't need them thinking that I'm some helpless girl who can't fend for herself. Even if that is the case.

"Well then, let's go." Apple Jacks commanded, gesturing for everyone to follow him as he started his way down the hall. "Oh, and Blaire," he looked back over at me, stopping in his tracks momentarily. "You're coming over to our house after school so we can hang out. Alexander will meet you after seventh." I glanced up to see Alex staring over at me, his face blank of any emotions. I just nodded, not in the mood to question their motives or argue that I couldn't. I just wanted to go home and sleep.

With that, I was helped up by Tyler and escorted to the lunch room reluctantly. The whole walk there I was wishing to be back in the quietness of the library with my book and comfortable solitude. I wonder if Ms. Johnson will notice my absence?

Hey guys!! Hey peeps! Sorry it's so short

Hey guys!! Hey peeps! Sorry it's so short. It's not that short.... So what do you guys think? The boys are starting to piece things together, but the real question is, who are the boys? Good question, five hot boys suddenly appear out of nowhere and they all want to befriend you... doesn't sound like a murder mystery to me! Does she really know them? Heck do I? I sure know them :) These characters seem to take on a life of their own. So I have a question for you guys out there. If you were to date any one of the boys, who would it be and why? *cough* None of them *cough* Let me know in the comments and I will see you guys next week.
~bookworm101702
~Looserwriter <3
1,216 words