CHAPTER 1

My dream was brutally demolished by the need to breath and an aching pain in my lower abdomen

My dream was brutally demolished by the need to breath and an aching pain in my lower abdomen. My eyes flew open in a panic, the view of a red, angry, face screaming at me caused my weak heart to stutter in fright and my body to press into the mattress. Spit was flying off of my father's lips as he threatened me, flinging me out of the protection of my bed and onto the wooden floors. My body ached as I hurriedly crawled away, my limbs slipping out from under me as I hurried towards my closet. I locked it behind me right as he started cursing my name. My back was pressed against the cool, chipped, wood as I listened to him rattle out a few more names about how useless and incompetent I was before he finally left me alone to my thoughts. Today was going to be one of those days... I could just tell.

I slipped on a pair of faded black leggings and a baggy grey sweatshirt to hide the newest addition of bruises that litter my pale skin. After, I finger combed my thin brown hair before running out the door, grabbing my torn up shoulder bag on the way out.

The school wasn't too far from my house but I still hated the walk there. All of the other people who went to my school always drove by and usually made some annoying comment about the fact that I was 'a loner with no friends who walked to school.' It's not like I was the only kid who walked. I guess I was just the most fun to fuck with.

Since I was late, there were hardly any cars driving by but that just meant I would have to walk into English during the middle of a lecture which was probably worse. I grabbed my late pass at the front office, shoved it in my hoodie pocket, and walked off to Mr. Nelson's.

Usually, I would dawdle in the hallway but since I was already late I just wanted to get to class. As I walked to homeroom, I was digging through my bag for my history homework, praying that I had shoved it in here and had not left it on my desk back at home. Of course, I wasn't really paying attention so that led to a series of events. First, I tripped over my own two feet, then, my whole bag went flying which caused all my books to scatter, and last, but certainly not least, I fell right into a rock hard body.

My arms flew out in front of me, searching for something to stop my fall. Instead, two strong arms wrapped around my waist, preventing me from crash landing onto the ground. I breathed in deeply, briefly intoxicated by the scent of oranges and cinnamon. This caused me to look up, feeling the need to thank the person who saved me from falling.

That's when I was met with piercing blue eyes that seemed to stare straight into my soul. It was as if they were searching for an answer to an unasked question. A curly mess of blonde hair was astray atop his head and I couldn't look away. It looked like a golden halo that surrounded his face and I had the sudden urge to just pet his hair. This man was absolutely gorgeous.

I wonder if he's an actual person or if I'm just hallucinating. Or he could be an angel in disguise!

I was suddenly brought out of my dreamworld once he placed me back onto my own two feet. My cheeks turned a cherry red and I could feel my face grow hot at the thought of having bumped into him.

Yep, he's an angel.

"S-sorry s-sir, I-I wasn't w-watching w-where I was going." I apologized quietly, my eyes Instantly casting to the tile as I suddenly remembered everything my father had ever taught me about looking a man in the eye and how to speak with them.

"It's okay, and please, don't call me sir." he said, his smooth baritone voice reverberating through my chest. "Neither was I. I'm trying to find Mr. Nelson's English class but I have no idea where that is." He admitted sheepishly.

"Oh, okay, I'll s-show you, I'm h-headed t-there now s-." I caught myself, cringing lightly at not being able to call him sir. I begin to gather my stuff, noting that I do indeed have my history homework as I shove it back into the depths of my bag before walking away quickly as I once again realized how late I was to class.

"Thanks," came his muffled reply as he followed me.

As I finally made it into class, I was startled by the booming voice of Mr. Nelson. "Miss. Blaire, late again I see." His expression was semi-livid as the old man glared at me from behind his spectacles.

I shrunk into myself whilst squeezing my eyes shut tightly as I realized that this was my third tardy this month and knew that I would get detention. I was resigned to my fate when the boy next to me spoke up.

"Actually, Blaire wouldn't have been late if she hadn't been helping me find this class. I'm Nova, Nova Hayes."

The teacher paled drastically once Nova had said his last name. I looked on curiously, slightly shocked that the teacher would know the new kid's name and be so scared to hear it.

"Well, Blaire, just... don't let it happen again." Mr. Nelson hoarsely said before waving me off to my seat, giving one last intimidated glance towards Nova before turning back to the assignment on the board.

I quickly walked to the back of the room, attempting to ignore all the stares and whispers that followed as Nova walked silently behind me.

"T-thanks," I whispered after I had sat down. "I r-really couldn't afford a d-detention." I placed my bag next to my feet, not bothering to take anything out for this class since I didn't care much about English. I don't even know why I am in this class, I already know everything that he's teaching.

"It's okay," he smirked, winking at me. "Wouldn't want to see such a pretty girl in detention anyway."

My heart sped up and this caused me to overthink his words throughout the rest of the class period. My mind kept straying to the gorgeous boy beside me and the fact that he called me pretty. I wonder if he actually meant it?

Hey guys hewwooo! so I haven't written anything in forever so I know this is a little rough

Hey guys hewwooo! so I haven't written anything in forever so I know this is a little rough. I'm here though too so it's not as rough. I am eventually going to come back and edit it, too late, i already did! but for now let's just see where the story goes. It's definitely going places... love you all and I hope you enjoy the story!
Xx bookworm101702
Looserwriter <3 ~
1,183 words