CHAPTER 15

I was in and out, drifting in between consciousness

I was in and out, drifting in between consciousness. I could hear voices but I couldn't pinpoint where they were coming from or who it was. I felt like I was dreaming. Worse than a dream. A nightmare... a never ending nightmare.

Failingly, I tried opening my eyes, curiosity fighting at my desire to just give up and listen rather than face the world.

Slowly but surely I could start feeling all of the pain that my body was put through in the previous encounter with my dad. With this, I knew that I was about to wake up so I did. I finally stopped fighting and just gave in.

My eyes opened only to be met with darkness once more. This time, I could see the outline of furniture and other objects scattered throughout the room. I slowly craned my neck to the side, muffling a scream through my teeth when I saw a person sitting there. I heaved in a breath, examining the brown haired boy, slowly coming to the realization that it was only Cameron. He obviously didn't seem to notice that I was awake and was downing a bottle of liquid. Replacing his chlorine smell was something scarily familiar... he kind of smelt like my dad on one of his bad days...

He slowly turned to look at me, usual dark green eyes now bloodshot, tear stains evident on his flushed face. He froze, his face void of any emotion as he dropped the now empty glass bottle on the wooden floor, jumping out of his chair which caused him to now loom over me.

"Guys, guys! She's awake!" His face was now broken into an ear splitting smile as he ran out the door screaming.
A thunderous roar of footsteps filled the once quiet house. In seconds all five boys were visible in my doorway.

"Blaire!" Nova cried, running over to me and engulfing me in a hug. "We were so worried."

"Uh, N-Nova? Y-you're squeezing m-me t-too hard." I quietly whined, gently pushing against his chest.

He immediately let go and stepped away from the bed, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Sorry," he looked down guiltily, stepping back away from my bed to stand near the back of the group, not giving me a second glance. I looked over at the other four guys by the door.

"I'm glad you're okay Blaire." Tyler spoke up, his voice and face void of any type of feeling. I watched him worriedly, confused when he turned and left the room as quick as he came. Unsure of why he seemed upset with me, I looked towards Apple Jacks and Alex for help.

"You fucked up," Alex grunted, speaking for probably the second time since I met him before he turned and left the room to presumably go and find Tyler.

"Nova, take Cam somewhere. I need to talk to Blaire." Apple Jacks sighed.

Nova gave me a sympathetic look while Cam gave a small sound of protest before they were both out of the room, heading downstairs.

I struggled to sit up, Apple Jacks just leaning against the door frame, blankly staring down me. I nervously looked at him before casting my eyes back towards the bed. Occupying myself with tangling my fingers in the silky bed sheets.

"How long?" he finally asked.

"I'm s-sorry?"

"How long has he been hitting you?" he growled, his voice so gravely and deep that I was left in shock.

"E-ever since I was six... w-when my mom died." I confessed, wringing my finger in between the sheets, avoiding his eyes as I tried to hold back my tears that never seemed to end.

"You really worried Tyler. He told you about his anxiety, right?" he questioned, seeming to speak between his teeth now as a permanent glare seemed stuck on his face.

I nodded, "y-ye-"

I was cut off by his next comment. "Well, Tyler hasn't had a panic attack in almost two years and we nearly had to go to the hospital because his lungs had stopped when he saw what had happened to you."

I gasped, covering my mouth with both of my hands in complete shock and terror. "I-I didn't m-mean t-to..."

"Yeah, I know you didn't mean to Blaire. But he made you promise that you could keep your secret as long as you told someone if you were being hurt and you broke it! You broke your fucking promise Blaire." He was now seething. His posture was rigid and he looked ready to explode.

Silent tears fell down my cheeks. I was beyond shocked that Tyler cared so much that he had a panic attack. I felt awful that one of the few people who actually cared about me had been hurt because I didn't tell them what was going on. I didn't realize how much damage I had caused.

"Blaire, do you realize how differently this all could have ended?" His voice seemed to soften and I looked up, gasping at how close he had gotten to me. I could smell the intoxicating smell of the apple jacks cereal wafting off of him.

I slowly nodded my head, guilt plaguing my mind at the thought. "Why did you come back?" I voiced softly, my words cracking at the end.

"Look, I get it. You just met us and why should you trust us? But Blaire, we aren't idiots. Nova told me about you calling him sir, the fact that you never look people in the eyes, the bruises. We've all seen it Blaire. We aren't strangers to that and when we thought you may be going through it we knew we had to make sure you were okay. We were never certain, not until I met your father. His eyes were dead, like those of a shark on the hunt. I left and did a circle around the neighborhood. I wasn't going to come unless I knew you needed me but I heard you. I fucking heard you from outside and all anybody else did was walk by like it was normal. You are extremely lucky that I have seen what I have and knew what was going on or this could have had a very different outcome."

I shuddered thinking of just how bad things could have gone. "Thank you, Jacob." I cried, hugging my knees to my chest despite the immense pain that wracked my body as I did so.

"You're welcome Blaire. Now, onto what we are going to do. You are going to be staying here with us, at least for now. We are going to get your clothes from your house, but right now you need to go talk to Tyler. Then talk to Alexander. He may not have shown it as much but he was worried. We all were."

He turned as though he was about to leave before looking over his shoulder, "Oh, and Blaire. Call me Apple Jacks. It sounds much better coming from you then Jacob does." He then walked out of the room, leaving me to my own thoughts.

Hey guys! Hey peoples I am so sorry for the late update

Hey guys! Hey peoples I am so sorry for the late update. I really don't have an excuse and I know we kind of left you guys on a cliffhanger last time. I am going to try and do more regular updates. And guess who doesn't have service at their house!? That's right, this chick! Summer has started and I feel as though the days are just flying. I still have 3 summer assignments that I have to do before August 13th and I feel like time is speeding up just to trap me. However, I am still going to be working on this book and I promise that if they aren't regular before August 13th they definitely will be afterwards. My co-writer and I don't see each other much outside of school so when school starts it will make our lives much easier. Much easier. All right, I guess that's it for now. I love you all and will see you next week.
~bookworm101702
~Looserwriter <3
1,368 words