I opened my mouth to voice this question to Gerrard, but was cut off by a distant howling. Stopping, I turned to Gerrard.

"What was that?" I asked. He shrugged, continuing to walk forward.

"Probably a werewolf," he said.

"A werewolf? This isn't Twilight, Gerrard," I said.

"I don't know what Twilight is," he replied. "But werewolves do exist," he said.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Caley, we live in a world in which magic is real. Obviously mythical creatures exist, too," Gerrard said.

"So...vampires are real, too?" I asked.

"Not in the modern sense of the word," he replied.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Vampires are just Magii that have a lust for blood. After they're done drinking it or doing whatever it is they want with it, they dispose of the body by giving it to what you know to be called zombies," he answered. "It's almost like a food chain, except in terms of magical creatures," he added.

"Zombies? So there are humans that eat human flesh?" I asked.

"They're not necessarily human. They could be anything. Wild creatures, beasts, anything. In magical terms, anything that eats human flesh is called a Carnibus comedenti. It's like a classification. Like the Magia Non have the word Homo sapien," he explained.

"Wow, I can't believe I didn't know that," I said, slightly in awe at the new information.

"I'm sure there's a course on it at the University," he said.

"Have you ever encountered a magical creature before?" I asked.

"I've met a werewolf. He works for Elijah," he answered.

"Isn't that dangerous?" I asked.

"He pledged his allegiance to Elijah. Not in the way you did, because Elijah can't control creatures in that way, since their blood is different from our own. But the werewolf made a magical pact with Elijah; one that can't be broken," Gerrard told me.

"Hmmm..." I said.

"You're trying to change the topic," Gerrard said.

"What?" I asked, still thinking about what he had just told me.

"Tell me what you want to show me," he said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Oh, right," I said. I took a deep breath and fell into step with Gerrard, keeping my senses alert in case I saw the flickering light of the cabin.

"Remember a few months ago, when I asked you about the Gemeni Twins?" I asked him. He nodded. "And how I asked you if it was possible that they were still alive?" I questioned. He nodded once more. "And you told me it wasn't possible since my own mother killed them both?"

"What are you getting at?" he asked.

"One of them is still alive," I said bluntly. He stopped walking.

"What?!" he asked, incredulously. "You're lying," he said.

"I told you you wouldn't believe me," I said, frowning.

"Caley, we would have known if they were still alive," he said.

"It's not they. It's just one of them. Mikael," I corrected.  "And it's true. I met him," I said. "I spoke with him."

"It was probably someone posing as him," he said.

"No, it was him. He had a staff that had all these different colored lights in it.  He said he was blind unless he had the staff with him," I said.