Loki (1)

"Pranks"

"Pleeeeaaasse Tony?"

"No, Loki, let me work," Tony snapped, returning to his project. "I'm not making you prank gadgets."

Loki gave him puppy eyes. "Please?"

"No. Go away."

"I'm gonna prank Steeeeeve," Loki singsonged, seeing Tony pause in working for a moment.

"What are you going to do?"

Loki mentally did a victory dance. "I was thinking spray paint."

Tony turned, letting his safety googles fall around his neck, struggling to keep a sly grin off his face. "All over his patriotic stuff?"

"Hydra symbols." Loki matched Tony's smirk.

"Screw it. I'm in."

A few hours later, Loki and Tony were hovering in the kitchen waiting for Steve to discover his room. They didn't have to wait long.

"WHO DID THIS?!" Steve hurtled into the kitchen brandishing his shield. The star in the middle had been painted over with a red Hydra symbol.

Tony and Loki kept poker faces, internally proud of their work.

"It's all over my room! Come on, who did this?" Steve demanded. He noticed Loki leaning against the counter, straight-faced.

"All right, very funny, Mr. Mischief," Steve snarled, glaring at the god. He reached out to grab Loki's arm, but his hand passed through the god of mischief like air. It was an illusion.

Loki grinned and waved cheekily. "Enjoy the new decorations, Cap!"

He and Tony disappeared.

The prankster pair were actually down in Tony's lab, preparing their next prank.

Loki high-fived the inventor as they gazed on the copy of Mjolnir. "Thor next."

That night, Thor scooped up Mjolnir from the coffee table. Immediately he felt something different with his hammer. He squinted at it suspiciously.

"Loki, come here," Thor said. When Loki wandered over to him, the god of thunder swung Mjolnir and smacked Loki upside the head. The hammer let out a shrill squeak and bounced off Loki's cheek.

Loki cracked up at the confused expression on Thor's face and dashed away.

Meanwhile, Tony was waiting for Clint to discover his bow.

"Oh, ha ha, Tony," Hawkeye grumbled, stalking out into the training area with a Nerf Rebelle bow in his hands. The glittery quiver of "arrow" darts hung at his hip.

He quickly strung a dart on the string, pulling it back. The bow was tiny in his hands. "Just because it's a girl's toy doesn't mean I can't smack you with a well-aimed dart, Tony."

Tony couldn't get out of the training room fast enough, as Hawkeye shot arrow after arrow at him as he ran out. One caught him right in the butt at the door, and Tony heard Clint laughing back in the room.

He ran slapbang into Loki in the hallway, sending the misfortunate pair to the floor.

"Ok, no more pranks," Tony gasped. "That one went awry."

"Yeah," Loki muttered, rubbing his cheek where Thor had hit him with the Mjolnir replica. "For now."