| Chapter 15 | ❤️

It was in the middle of the night. The moonlight shone through the windows, casting dark shadows. I looked down at the sleeping figure on the bed and smiled. I reached down and caressed his cheek. He stirred, frowning slightly, and opened his eyes. He looked at me and asked, "Rose? What are you doing?"

He looked at my attire and his frown deepened. I was wearing a white gown tonight. Everything was going to change soon and I wanted to look my best. I held out my hand and a silver ring appeared on my hand. I handed it to him and said, "My gift to you. Wear this and death will never touch you until I come back."

"What do you mean? Rose, what's going on?" he asked, sitting at the edge of his bed.

I smiled gently at him and replied, "I have to go somewhere. I promise I'll come back to you. Please stay safe until I come back."

He stood up abruptly and grabbed both of my arms. "Where are you going?" he asked. I felt his fear. I felt everything. It was so strong that it made my eyes swell up with tears. I looked at him and said, "I promise I'll come back."

The soft glow from the angel's body slowly dimmed as she faded away

The soft glow from the angel's body slowly dimmed as she faded away. In his hands were nothing but air and emptiness. Where had his angel gone? She left him her promise and a ring that would keep him safe. What had happened to his angel? A painful breath left him as he stood in his bedroom. He opened his hand and looked at the silver ring carefully. It had something engraved on it. It was the moonflower. Her flower.

I promise I'll come back.

Her promise rang in his head repeatedly and he promised to hold onto her promise. He believed her.

[ 3  Y E A R S   L A T E R]

Dimitri stood still, overlooking his grandmother Yeva's grave. His sister Viktoria was beside him, leaning on him for comfort. His grandmother had passed away six months ago, leaving behind a sad, empty feeling. That feeling often reminded him of his angel. She was still gone. She had not returned; Yet he still waited patiently.

"How long will you be here?" Viktoria asked, lifting her head to look up at him.

He sighed and said, "A week. Is there a flower shop around here? I want to get some flowers for grandmother."