"Get a towel and meet me outside, Adrian," he said, looking over his shoulder at his friend.

"If I die, just know you will never have peace. I'm going to go all horror movie on you," I said.

"You're not dying," Tristan hissed.

"Scared you won't survive one day of being haunted?" I said, and he shook his head at me.

Morris opened the back door to the black Lamborghini parked outside, and Tristan gently placed me on the seat, like I would break if he put more pressure.

His friend Adrian rushed to the car with a blue towel in his hand. They whispered to each other for a while, looking back at me like I was a lost kid they'd just found stealing from them.

"I'm right here; you don't have to gossip about me," I said.

"Don't worry, Morris; I will drive," Adrian said, walking to the front seat.

Tristan sat beside me on the backseat with the towel. I folded my arms and sat back, ignoring his presence.

"Give me your leg," Tristan said.

"I'm not allowing you to touch me again."

"I need to wrap this around your feet to reduce the bleeding," he said, clearly aggravated.

I rolled my eyes, placing my foot on his lap.

I tried to pull my leg away at the contact.

"Easy. Stay still," he said, holding my leg back, his rough palm circling my knee in a firm grip.

"Would you like some music?" Adrian asked from behind the wheel.

"Yes, please," I said, turning my face away from my bloody foot.

My feet were numb from the pain by the time we pulled into the hospital. Three nurses brought a stretcher to carry me. Adrian and Tristan insisted on going with me into the hospital room, but the nurses refused.

An old doctor came to examine me. Even with his glasses, he kept squinting his eyes, and I was worried for myself. He tried to have a conversation as he ran some tests and asked a few questions about my last tetanus shot. I only flashed him a smile, pretending to be interested in what he was saying. He made me miss my dad.

I thought of what was happening at home right now. Do they miss me? Are they thinking about me? Am I really pregnant? How had the test turned out positive? I felt like I was living someone else's life.

I was pushed around in a wheelchair and brought to the doctor's office after they washed my legs and performed an X-ray.

"Good news: no infection, and the glass didn't touch your bones."

I smiled at the news.

"We're going to stitch it up and give you a prescription, but you have to take a wheelchair home with you."

"What?"

"You need the wheelchair for movement," the doctor explained, laughing at my reaction.

"Is it that bad? Will I be able to walk again?" I panicked.

"Relax, Chloe. It's only for a few days." He smiled.

"How many days are we talking about here?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"A week, and you'll be back on your feet."

I exhaled in relief. "How do I bathe?"

"Um ... ask a relative for help."

Great! I was the only female in the house. I would figure something out.

I screamed during the stitching even though I'd been given something to numb the pain. I refused to see my feet, scared to see how it looked.