3-Good liar

Listen to Lie To Me by Tate McRae and Ali Gate

"What the hell?" I stared at his hand and his face. "Are you confused, or do you need glasses to see clearly?" I asked.

He smiled sweetly at me, like I'd just complimented him.

"I know you're mad at me for taking the wedding this far. I'm sorry," he said so softly that it sounded true.

I searched for the right thing to say, but words failed me. I was too shocked to utter a word to this stranger calling me his lover.

"Chloe?" I heard Grey's voice.Disbelief was evident on his face as his eyes narrowed and eyebrows lowered at Tristan's words.

"Grey, you know he is lying. I'm just seeing this douche bag for the first time."

"Oh, hi, Grey. Chloe told me a lot about you," Tristan said with a grin and extended his long hand for shaking. Grey kept him hanging, and Tristan gave up, dropping his hand with a suppressed chuckle.

"When? I don't even know you?!" I asked with a hot glare.

"What exactly did she tell you?" Grey asked with a hard look, his strong jawline clenched.

"You're the cover she told me about. We needed a veil for our relationship. Thanks for being there, man," Tristan said smoothly with that smile I was starting to hate.

How could he act so cool while ruining someone's life?

"What?" I stared at Tristan.

What is he playing at?Is this a prank show?

I looked around for any hidden cameras or mics but was met with a hundred pairs of eyes.

What is happening? I was speechless for a while; I thought my brain had shut down to take a rest, and I was left on my own.

"A cover?" Grey cocked his eyebrows in question at me.

I couldn't believe he was buying Tristan's expensive lies.

"Chloe Simpson!" Sofia's voice shut everyone up.

I turned to look at her as she marched toward us, holding the bottom of her wedding dress for easy movement. My eyes caught a glimpse of Ciara; she looked like she was having a hard time breathing. The color from her face drained.

I turned to look at Tristan, who was looking down at me like I was an interesting piece of art he'd just discovered. His scrutinizing stare held a deeper mystery. I was going to interrogate him and show everyone he was lying.

"Okay, if what you're saying is true, then where did we meet? When is my birthday? What is my favorite color? Food? Allergies? Spring or summer? Do I shave or—"

"You!" Sofia's loud voice cut me off, and she stole the spotlight—not like I was complaining. Her perfect hairstyle was already disheveled, and her makeup wasn't helping her situation. Black tears stained her cheeks, and the corners of her eyes were smudged with wet mascara. But I couldn't blame her for looking like a zombie.