Chapter 17

Rachel

No messages or anything. I got home late so I didn’t get to talk to him but he didn’t even leave me a message. God what is going on? is he going to take me to school this morning? My question is answered though when I walk outside and find him waiting for me near the car. 

‘Hey’ he smiles and pulls me into his arms. I’m still angry with him so I stay stiff. 

‘Hi’ I reply and then walk around to hop in the car. 

I can tell he’s hurt by my reaction because he’s about to say something until Kurt jumps in the back. 

‘Let’s go’ he tells us as we drive silently to school, the only conversation during our drive to school is Kurt and I occasionally. 

When we get there I let Finn help me out of the car and take my hand because I realise I’m overreacting. He loves me and he’s with me. So what if I haven’t seen him for a few days because he was spending time with Quinn? 

Just before we enter the school he stops pulls me to him and I let him give me a sweet kiss on the lips. God I’ve missed this, I’ve haven’t tasted him since Monday lunch time and I’m going through withdrawals. I move to deepen the kiss when I hear something next to me. 

‘I told you it was just a rumour. He’s with Rachel not Quinn’ says someone. I pull back and turn to look at them and then back at Finn. His expression show’s nothing and I realise he probably didn’t even hear it. 

We continue walking until we get to my locker. We grab both of our stuff and he walks me to class. 

‘So I’ll see you at lunch today?’ I ask him hesitantly. I don’t think I could take it if he tells me no. 

‘Sure will. I’ve missed you way to much to skip out on my Rachel time today’ he replies with a grin and I sigh in relief. 

‘See you then’ I tell him before leaning up to give him a kiss and then turn to enter my first period. I feel like everyone is staring and whispering at me, but maybe I’m just being paranoid because of that comment I thought I heard earlier this morning. 

It’s in my 4th period of the day though when Kitty Wilde approaches me and I finally find out what everyone is talking about. 

Yeah the rumour mill loved our little show in the eraser room on Monday but apparently they love the little rumour Quinn is spreading better. 

‘Hi Rachel’ Kitty greets 

‘Hi Kitty’ I reply. Don’t get me wrong Kitty is nice enough, she was never a bitch like Quinn and she respects me because she realises that people like me but we’re hardly friends. 

‘Listen I thought I should tell you what everyone is saying’ 

‘Oh ok what?’ I ask her. 

‘Well they’re all saying that Finn dumped you to go out with Quinn’ she tells me. 

‘So what he has lunch with a friend and gives her ride home and suddenly there an item?’ I ask irritated. 

‘Well no I heard they have a date on Friday night’ 

‘Well that’s just stupid.’ I tell her stubbornly. I mean it’s my birthday, and my party. 

‘Yeah I had a feeling Quinn just did it to upset you Rachel but you should talk to Finn about it’ she tells me. 

‘Thanks Kitty’ I say before turning back to my class. 

Finn

When I reach the table at lunchtime everyone is there and Rachel is talking quietly with Puck, whispering about something. 

‘Hey’ I say as I take a seat next to her. 

I feel like there are a million eyes on me at the moment. 

‘Hey’ she turns and smiles at me. ‘After you eat can I talk to you privately?’ 

I flash her a grin because that’s exactly what I had in mind too it just didn’t involve talking. ‘Sure’ 

After we both finish we head to the eraser room but when we get there it’s locked so instead we head to the library. 

‘Not what I had in mind’ I sigh when I pull her against me. 

‘Yeah I know. Listen I wanted to talk to you about Quinn’ she tells me. 

‘Ok’ I smile. I’m glad that we’re talking about things I could tell she was upset with me this morning. 

‘There’s a rumour going around that you dumped me for Quinn’ she tells me and I’m shocked it must show on my face too. 

‘Yeah I know’ she smiles ‘I told Kitty it was ridiculous that just because you had lunch with her and gave her a lift doesn’t mean that we’ve broken up but she said Quinn told a few people that she had a date with you on Friday night’ 

‘Oh’ I reply scratching my ear. Now I understand where the misunderstanding could be. 

‘Obviously it’s not a date. We were just going to go to the movies as friends I was going to see if you wanted to come along actually’ I tell her. 

‘You made plans with her for Friday night?’ she asks me then but now she’s not nervous she’s clearly upset with me.

‘Yeah I reply. She wanted to get out of the house so I thought what the hell, you, me, her and a movie couldn’t be too bad. I know the two of you aren’t friends’ I explain but Rachel doesn’t let me finish before she stands up and starts to run away. 

‘Rachel’ I call after her and begin following her. 

‘You asshole’ she whispers when I finally reach her and pull her around to face me. 

‘What’s wrong? What did I do?’ I ask desperately. I’m totally confused at why she is so upset. It’s not like it was a date I never intended on going without her. 

‘If you don’t know then I’m not sure whether this thing between us is going to work’ she cries and before I can stop her she’s run off again.

What Do You Think? Will Finn Remember And Realize Why Rachel Is So Upset Or Will Things Get Worse And He Ruins His Relationship With Her!??! Will Finn Ever Realize What Quinn Is Really Doing Before It's To Late!!!!