Chapter 19

Rachel

I wont lie and tell you that when I found out Finn hadn’t sent the flowers and really had forgotten my birthday that I wasn’t destroyed because the truth is I am. I’ve just decided that I’m not going to let him ruin my birthday. My parents have gone to so much trouble and so many people are coming tonight to celebrate, I am not going to let the fact that the most important person in my life forgot my birthday ruin it when so many other fabulous people didn’t. 

So that’s why I’m walking around in my new black bikini and see through sarong putting the finishing touches on the party out near the pool. 

‘Hey chica’ Santana smiles as she emerges from the house dressed in a similar outfit to mine, except hers is blue. Her and Kurt showed up about 3 hours ago with lots of ice cream and let me cry and rant and then bitch myself back to a happy birthday. I’m so lucky to have such good friends.

‘You look hot Rach’ Blaine tells me as he follows Santana out of the house in a pair of boardies and a very bright Hawaiian shirt. I chose a beach theme for the party since we were going to have it out near the pool 

‘You look very handsome too’ I grin. 

People have started to arrive so we decide to start playing a couple of songs. I tell the guys which song I really want to start with and they all laugh at me. But hey a girl has to vent. 

Chill out what you yelling for
Layback it’s all been done before
And if you could only let it be you would see

I like you the way you are
When we’re driving in your car
And you’re talking to me one on one
But you’ve become

Somebody else
Round everyone else
Your watching your back like you can’t relax
Your trying to be cool, you look like a fool to me

Tell me why you had to go and make things so complicated
I see the way your acting like your somebody else gets me frustrated
Life likes this, you 
You fall and you crawl and break and you take what you get and you turn it into 
Honestly promise me I’m never gonna find you faking
No no no 

I’m half way through the song when I notice that Kurt has arrived with a trailing Finn behind him. If I hadn’t seen what a puppy with its tail between his legs looked like before I’d certainly know now. 

You come over unannounced 
Dressed up like your something else
Where you are and where it’s sad to see
You’re making me

Lights out when you strike your pose
Take off all your preppy clothes
You know your not fooling anyone
When you become
Somebody else, round everyone else
Your trying to be cool but you look like a fool to me 

I’m trying my hardest not to look at him at the moment but he’s wearing a pair of black boardies and a white wife beater that show’s off all his scrumptious muscles. 

So tell me why you had to go and make things so complicated
I see the way your acting like your somebody else gets me frustrated
You fall and you crawl and break and you take what you get and you turn it into 
Honestly promise me I’m never gonna find you faking
No no no

Chill out what you yelling for
Lay back it’s all be done before
And if you could only let it be you would see. 

Finn

I’m the worst boyfriend in the world, I’m no better than the scum on the bottom of your shoes and that’s what I feel like right now. When I saw the disappointment in Rachel's eyes when she realised that I had no idea what she was talking about with the flowers I thought my heart was going to shatter. She was so disappointed in me and I never wanted to ever see her look at me like that. 

Of course I copped a reaming by both Kurt and Santana and Blaine and Puck wont speak to me but none of it was worse then having to explain to my mum why my brother won’t speak to me. 

Then there is Quinn. 

Earlier that Day 

‘So Finn what time?’ she asks again when I don’t answer. 

‘Actually Quinn, Rachel and I cant make it so we’ll have to do it some other time’ I tell her. 

‘Oh I thought it was just the two of us?’ she asks me. 

‘I never said that’ I defend myself. 

‘So how come?’ she asks. 

‘Well it’s Rachel's birthday and she’s having a party tonight. I completely forgot about the movies Quinn. Sorry’ I tell her. I try to turn the situation around because the last thing I want is for Quinn to get the impression that I forgot my girlfriend’s birthday event though I technically did. 

‘Well maybe I could come with you to the party’ she smiles at me, but it’s what’s hidden behind the smile that worries me. 

‘No you cant come’ Santana snaps then ‘it’s a party for Rachel and her friends and Rachel cant stand you’ she yells causing all the people in the hall to turn and look at her. 

‘Well it’s not really up to you is it Santana. If Finn wants to take me that’s up to him’ she bites back with a smile. 

Whoa the old Quinn re-emerges. 

‘Look Quinn. Rachel is my girlfriend so I’m going to the party with her. I want to be able to be your friend but it’s obvious that you don’t want to be just my friend’ I tell her. 

‘Yeah that and the fact she’s been lying to you Hudson’ Puck tells me then. 

‘What do you mean?’ I ask. 

‘Paid a visit to Quinn's Mum yesterday and it seems as though she’s in great health not to mention that Quinn's Dad got himself a great job in Cleveland and Quinn dear here actually just got herself a new car during the break’ he informs me. 

Oh god what have I done. I’m so naive, I’ve been trying to be a friend to Quinn because I thought she was going through a hard time whilst all the while ruining my relationship with me dream girl and it’s been a scheme on Quinn's part. 

‘What the hell’ I turn angrily towards Quinn. 

‘Finn it’s not what you think’ she tells me 

‘Well it certainly sounds like you’ve been lying your ass of. WHY?’ I snap. 

‘God don’t you get it. I like you Finn and you won’t even look at me. I was your friend when everyone else thought you were a reject for fuck sake and as soon as you loose your dorky image Berry snaps her fingers and you go running. Is she that good of a fuck Finn?’ 

‘When are you going to get it through your thick head that I don’t like you like that Quinn. I wanted to be your friend because no one else did, that’s it. I don’t know how to tell you in any other language but I’ll learn if it means you’ll finally take the hint’ I yell at her. 

‘And as for Rachel this has nothing to do with her. She has always been my friend so that just proves what kind of a friend you’ve been all along that you didn’t even notice. And not that it’s any of your business Quinn but yeah she is a fucking dream in bed’ I finish before storming off. 

Next Update Rachel and Finn will finally have a chat!! the next two parts will be rough sailing people so be prepared.