Sublimity II

Graser POV if the Second Half of the Last Chapter

I got on the ice first. I may not have liked ice hockey as a kid-- I know very disloyal to my country-- but it definitely taught me to put my skates on quick. 

I skated around for a few minutes before I called out to her to speed up. By then I had reached the end of one side and had turned back around to skate to the other end. I was pacing per se. I had just turned back again towards the entrance when I stopped. She was in front of me and too close for comfort. Had she not almost ran into me I wouldn't mind the unforetold proximity.

Beaming knowingly she articulated a "Hey!"

Expeditiously I moved back, "Uh... hi", "I know I told you to hurry up, but I didn't mean almost crash into me".

"Yeah, well, I did it anyway" she rejoined.

Exerting a half titter half chuckle I breathed "You're really something, you know?", greatly amused by her whatacisms.

"Why thank you!" she replied dramatically.

At this gesture, I took gratefully took her hand and pulled her along with me side by side at an arm's length apart. We skidded across and around without a care for the world. Soon we parted paths, me halting to a stop a few meters away and turning back to see her. She moved gracefully along the floor.

I watched as she did an upright spin, a flip jump, switching feet as she prepared to do a layback, followed by a backward outside rocker, some simple skidding on ice, gliding into a waltz jump, followed by a forward outside rocker, an axel jump, a broken leg, a sit spin, some more circling, and a double toe loop. Then coming back to me in an eagle spread translating to a forward inside rocker move.

She definitely was in competitive figure skating... And I only know the terminology because of a cousin of mine is in the sport.

I grabbed her hand as she slowed down towards and we continued to skate normally before I pulled her in. The momentum landed her onto my chest as I caught her, us almost hitting the back of a wall had I not swiftly swerved a 90-degree angle and braked.

She tittered into my right shoulder saying my name, or rather my last name... But she had become accustomed to referencing me by that that it didn't matter.

She then suddenly rested her face on my neck nuzzling happily in my arms. Too soon she let go and I loosened my grip, a dejected visage. 

She stood uncertainly, looking through me rather than at me. And then she looked up and I could have sworn her eyes sparked in exuberance as she looked at me with gleaming wonder. Her face mostly resting.

I couldn't resist not smiling at the joy I brought her as I felt the corners of my mouth tugging into a tiny genuine smile. And then I felt the warmth, the warmth of her lips on mine, moving, brushing against the sensitive skin of my lips. She kissed with such passion that it burned with the intensity of a spreading fire. A desirous fire that enveloped us and comforted us in the cold of the vacant ice rink. A fire that had sparked long ago but had need of kindling. A fire that burst into the flames of a yearning passion and fervent love. A pleading ardor of relentless affection. Mutual affection and love. I accepted: I locked my lips onto her's following her pattern. Following the fire, she had nourished. A spark, another spark, a flame, a small fire, gusts of wind in succession, a ruthless blowing wind, leaves of bushes catching fire, fire skipping rom tree limb to tree limb, a forest fire. And only shortness of breath to quench it.