Snow Sledding!

Narrator's POV (That's me!)

Two silhouettes can be seen in the distance... both holding imperceptible objects in the misty snow-air. Two smaller indecipherable figures can be spotted momentarily before getting out of sight. Casually the sun starts to seep in and remove the gloom. The picture in the distance becomes increasingly enhanced as the four continue on their walk.

Stacy's POV

"I don't think we'll be able to walk for much longer or even go sledding with this fog".

"Yeah, it was completely unpredictable. Do you think we should head back?"

"We probably should", I sighed.

"No, wait! It's clearing up!", he looked back at the sun shining on him.

"Oh, that's... strange. Graser! Hold Molly's leash right!"

"Oh, right", he replied tightening his grip.

"The way the sun shines feels more engulfing and warm than usual", he continued, the sun on his back.

"We're on the brink of winter and spring", I nonchalantly replied.

"Then we better go sledding soon before it's too late...", he said glancing down at me.

"We should probably go back, Molly doesn't seem to like the cold", I said disregarding the way he looked at me.

"Yeah, too bad Page loves the snow", he said and looked at her wagging tail.

He then proceeded to wrap the arm he held the leash with around my lower back. I leaned toward him saying "you know this is a bad idea if Molly starts to tug and run, right?"

"She won't go far", he delightfully pecked my forehead as I looked at him. I frowned.

Surprisingly instead of complaining about his flawed logic, I whined: "Let's pick up the pace I'm getting cold...!"

Timeskip

We had almost arrived at the cabin when suddenly Molly squatted. Graser looked at her and then at me confused.

"She'll be done soon, don't worry"

"Ewww, gross..."

I giggled at that. "Do you want to pick it up or should I? I figure you'll need some practice if you're staying for a few months...", I said holding the plastic baggy.

"Can't we just let it freeze under the snow? It'll get encased in ice and won't stink", he suggested not thrilled.

"I don't want dog poop in my yard!", I said picking it up in the baggy.

"Here, go throw it away in that bin over there", I said handing it to him and taking Molly's leash.

"Ughhh...", he groaned walking away. I laughed.

"You should be glad I picked it up on your behalf; you probably would have accidentally squished it instead of just hold it. And you should be glad it's too cold for you to smell that thing, it reeks!

"You're gross...", he muttered audibly.

"If you do this for years you'll grow closer to your dog!", I shouted.

"Well, I don't have a dog!"

"I can tell", I replied snarkily as he came back to my side.

"Let's just go inside", he said slightly upset at my teasing.

Inside the Cabin

Graser washed his hands at least five times while I tried to look online for a place to sled with not too many people that isn't too far away.

I finally found one, "Sugarhouse Park". We went into my car and rented a sled for two there. It'd cost more to get separate sleds and I didn't mind not getting separated. I steered first.

I stepped in having one foot out to keep it from slipping while Graser tried to sit down behind me. But his weight jolted the sled and moved it forward. 

"Oh my gosh...!", I yelled terrified as I forced my foot in onto the sled against the pull. Graser immediately held onto me as soon as momentum took over. I'm not sure if it was for reassurance or because he was frightened too. After a few seconds, I gained control of the steering. I started to laugh at our little mishap and we soon reached the bottom.

No one around us seemed bothered that I had just screamed at the top of my lungs like I was being murdered. Either they couldn't hear us or they were used to it. Graser still wouldn't let go and had squshed his face against my shoulder. He was dead silent the whole ride down probably shocked.

"Graser, let go! I want to get off!", I said pulling away and trying to stand, he wouldn't let go.

"Ma'am, is this man bothering you?", a stranger asked me.

"Uh.. no! No, he's not he's just a bit paralyzed from our fall!", I quickly reassured. I didn't want him getting accused of assault. Stupid assumptions... outrageous, absurd.

When the stranger left evidently incredulous Graser was freed from the panic that immobilized him, he let go. I stood up and turned around.

"Are you okay?", I asked sweetly as I stood him up. I gave him a peck on the forehead when I caught him from slipping on the snow.

"Uh... yeah", he replied unconvincingly, holding my shoulders for support. He looked a bit disoriented. 

"Let's just walk up the snow hill, maybe you'll feel better by the time we get to the top", I advised.

I pulled the sled by the rope with my right hand and used the other to support him in case he lost his balance. Him to my left we headed up the hill.

One Hour Later, Graser's POV

"Could I steer the sled now?", I asked, eyes begging.

"Uhhh"

"Oh, come on! You trust me right? It's not that complicated to steer a sled!"

"Ugh, fine", she said giving in.

Five Seconds Later

I felt her press herself against my back out of fear. I pushed the ground with my foot and we were off. 

Stacy made muffled sounds of sheer fear into my shirt even though I never came close to crashing into anything, or anyone at that. She held my torso tightly, uncomfortably even.

Halfway down she finally looked forward and loosened her grip. She rubbed her cheek on the back of my head and I think enjoyed the rest of the ride down in silence.

We rode in silence for some time, a favorable soothing silence.

The day soon ending the sky blackened against the glistening snow, streaks glowing white as we glided down our exhilarant course.

On the rest of the rides down that evening, there was nothing but laughter and utter joy that could be heard as we looked stupidly fond of our time together sliding off of likely lethal hills of snow.

Narrator

The darkened horizon accentuated the shimmering snow, glittering against the black canvas as two figures could be seen walking in the distance.