Sublimity

We shamefully let a month go by and by then the snow was mostly gone. We hadn't gone ice skating yet though we mentioned it every other day since he got here. It wasn't too late though, there were still indoor skating rinks around. It just wouldn't have the same wintery effect and aura. We left that evening.

==================================================================

I helped Graser learn how to make sunny-side up eggs. It's more of a breakfast food during lunch-time but I had to go for something simple for his and my own good. At first, I suggested we'd make a vegetable stew so he couldn't burn anything even though he'd probably manage to catch a napkin on fire by leaving it on the stove. Boiling couldn't hurt, right? Well, too bad, Graser wasn't up for eating a stew for lunch. 

Our first attempt he forgot the salt, second, the yoke burst when he dropped it in the pan, the second egg soaked up all the remaining oil, so the third egg got stuck, and then he couldn't flip it in time before it got a nicely burnt crunchy crust. I was surprised the smoke detector didn't go off. 

On our fifth attempt

I painfully watched him crack the egg overcautiously and thus taking four hits to finally break the shell.

"Wait, the pan needs more oil, it looks to dry!", I panicked as he handed me the freshly broken egg, I hastily held it shut somehow still being gentle while doing so. He dipped some oil in the pan as I protected the egg from leaking. 

"Here", I handed it to him carefully.

"And it's fresh oil so you have to let it heat up"

He cradled the egg in his hands being careful not to spill any of its contents. Finally, the oil started rippling.

"Put your hands closer to the pan"

"No, I'll burn my hands!"

"Just do it; it might burst if you drop it from too high"

He reluctantly obeyed. An instant later he jumped from the sound of the oil popping ear-splittingly loud.

"Don't touch it for like... two minutes", I instructed.

"What do I do then?"

"Just watch it"

"You mean stare at it?"

"Essential yes, but you could just check on it every  once in a while so you're not just awkwardly standing there"

"Here...", I took a spatula from the cabinet beside me, "use this to check if you can lift it".

He took it and waited a few seconds staring at the egg sizzling when some oil jumped at him.

"Ow! My arm!", he yelped rubbing it.

I let out an airy laugh before saying "you'll get used to it". At this, he scowled at me in disapproval.

"Oh, the salt!", I shouted bringing my attention back to the egg.

Impressively Graser took the salt before I had a chance to, seasoned the egg, and flipped it around instantaneously landing it smoothly on the pan.

Shocked I just stared at the egg cooking until he brought a plate to place it on. Turning to him I turned the stove off.

"Uh... it's yours, you earned it", I awkwardly replied.

He walked away to enjoy his reward. While he ate I made myself an omelet. I wasn't too hungry.

Time Skip

That night Stacy's mom came over to take care of the dogs while went out.

At the ice skating rink

I was still putting on one of the ice skates when I heard from the ice rink: "Stacy, hurry up!"

"I almost done, wait!", I yelled annoyed.

Stepping onto the ice I glided as if it hadn't been 20 years since I was in professional figure skating. I swiftly made my way to him on the other side of the rink. I halted normally though being centimeters away from his face as he conveniently for me turned back around just then.

"Hey" I greeted smiling innocently at his empty expression.

He shuffled a bit away before replying "Uh, hi...", "I know I told you to hurry up but I didn't mean almost crash into me". he awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"Yeah, well, I did it anyway," I countered showing some sass.

"Pfft", he said breaking into a smile.

"You're really something, you know?"

"Why, thank you!", I beamed not quite knowing what to think of our little erratic drama scene.

He then promptly took me by the hand and started to skate again pulling me beside him an arm's length apart.

I giggled at the sudden action and relished our little excursion encompassing the perimeter of the whole rink. I skated along following his guidance though I clearly didn't need it.

We then upgraded to pair skating as he gently let me go a small distance to perform a few graceful moves to then swerve back around with ease slipping back towards him.

 I felt his hand push on mine to the left as he let go so I veered to the right to meet up with him once again skating in unison alongside the other. To the outsider, we appeared to be telepathic because I knew where to go without sparing looking lost.

Soon our hands interlocked once more and gliding on ice he pulled me towards him and I slid into his arms.

"Graser...", I tittered into his shoulder. My beatific and perky side showing.

Brightly smiling I nuzzled his neck lovingly, accepting his embrace. I took a step back and in a moment of euphoria and profundity, I tilted my head up to see him looking down at me lovestruck and took his lips in mine. Taking hold of his bottom lip I sincerely poured all my passion out to him. It took him a while to reciprocate but soon enough he did and with just as much passion and love, wrapping his arms around my upper back and bringing my body closer to him.